D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dude if you read my build then you know you're chasing the possible, but extremely expensive. You asked for the advice...the advice is it's a waste. if you plan to eventually replace for a b do it now. I promise you will thank me later. it'll cost you far less in the long run, you'll produce more power, MORE RELIABLY, and by the way...it's a very easy swap to do. but go for it man as long as it's a honda. if I can find a cosigner I may wind up buying a 1999 gsr a car for sale at a dealership owned by the same company I work for.

that fell through, but I found a website I need some people's feedback for. it's called hiperformer.com I was looking into buying a rebuilt motor from them and either swapping my built head on or just dropping in the full motor and enjoying the stockness for a while, til I can build the whole motor outside the car and drop it in. Having 2 motors would always be nice.

almost done pulling the motor been slacking quite a bit because I don't have the money for the bottom end build yet.. but I am planning on doing a manual steering rack conversion on my car after the swap. it looks easy enough.

:thumbsup:

Keep the power rack, loop the lines through a vented catch can so you relieve the pressure- power racks = faster ratio.

that's actually what I meant. I found a write up and that's what it happened to be called. my fault. should've specified. it looked extremely easy plus I'll have the motor out so that won' hurt either. also I'm leaning towards a set of p29 pistons as calesta said earlier and I've been starting to look around a bit for them. likely rock a thicker cometic head gasket and get a head shielding intake gasket from bisimoto (just to try them out), hopefully get somewhere around 12.4 ish or maybe slightly lower if possible. Sounds perfect for my goals at this point. We'll see what I can come across for rods as well.

Also thinking about picking up an obx lsd...unless I can find a quaife unit for closer to the price used. I feel like upgrading to an lsd, along with a better clutch/flywheel/pressure plate combo along with the short throw I'll be in good shape drivetrain wise.

Last edited:
came across a b18a1 for free with a manual trans I have yet to crack it open and see how it looks inside but supposedly ran when pulled. the guy also handed us a short ram intake piping with filter, 2 stock 90-93 accord ex wheels, and 1 15" chrome rim my buddy is going to use as a fullsize spare.

Need help! got everything in the car again all assembled and all of a sudden it's not cranking. I got it to crank by adding another ground wire, but after I did that while cranking the wire melted so I replaced it and threw on a thicker actual ground wire and it's starting to smoke. Any ideas what it is?

fixed the short, it's cranking healthy now. I need to adjust the fuel pressure it's flooding out, and the intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced. I'm looking into buying some of that intake wrap they sell and wrapping my intake runners as well as my intake piping and replacing the manifold gasket with a heat shielding gasket.

Back