D16Y8 Swap CEL Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Importfan

I swapped in a 97 Y8 into a 95 EX coupe. Used a 92-95 ex/si engine harness to wire up the Y8, switched the dizzy plug to two, switched out the alternator plug to match the harness, used the Z6 injectors,Map sensor, 4 wire O2 and running with a P28 no mods. Everything wired up and the car has a little rough idle but an easy fix. Problem is im getting three codes 7-IAT witch that motor doesnt have one to plug into, 10-TPS, and 41- PrimaryO2 heater signal.

Now should i use the TPS off the Z6 or one for the Y8 to fix that code? Its currently the A GSR one i had
Should i drill a hole in my intake (not manifold) to mount the IAT? is that ok and will it work?
As for the 41 The O2 sensor is 4 wire and the harness is a 4 wire plug, Im confussed, do u think the O2 is bad or do i still have to wire up the heatrer signal to the ECU? If so do i cut the wires on the O2 and run them to the ECU leaving the white one on the O2 plug and harness plug for the signal.

Any help would be great.

Thanks for the site . i knew what the codes were but i am really trying to find out if anyone has had these problems with this swap and whats the way they have been fixed.

Ok I understand, do u have any idea about the IAT can i drill a hole in my intake and will it work? or how would i go about stopping that code.

Back