Del Sol Auto-to-manual Conv

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exhacker

i see a lot of good-looking sols on ebay. but they're all automatic, including the (probably rare) Five-Cylinder del Sol. Anyone have some experience on swapping a b-series into a del Sol, and meanwhile changing from auto to manual? I'm wondering how it would look (is there maybe room for a supercharger instead of a turbo?.... is there extra room for bolt-ons?) under the hood. And, can you just find a dash kit from a manual to get the job done? Thanks for the comments.

-h

Originally posted by exhacker@Jan 4 2003, 01:11 AM
i see a lot of good-looking sols on ebay.  but they're all automatic, including the (probably rare) Five-Cylinder del Sol.  Anyone have some experience on swapping a b-series into a del Sol, and meanwhile changing from auto to manual?  I'm wondering how it would look (is there maybe room for a supercharger instead of a turbo?.... is there extra room for bolt-ons?) under the hood.  And, can you just find a dash kit from a manual to get the job done?  Thanks for the comments.

-h

Count the spark plugs, 4... So, it is a 4 cylinder, not 5. :) It is the same engine bay at the Civic. So bolt ons...i.e. header, intake, etc.. will fit. A b-series i dont believe you even need a mount kit. About the auto-manual conversion.. Ppl try em, but i would let a shop do it. Try Intercrew (if around dallas), check Calesta's sig. If you are wanting to do it yourself. Find out every little piece you need before you start.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 4 2003, 01:21 AM
Count the spark plugs, 4... So, it is a 4 cylinder, not 5. :)

i actually was kidding about that :p :lol: You would have gotten the joke had you looked at the auction...... nm it's not funny anymore.

lol 5 cylinder sol.. my ass. that's hilarious .. it's an S model to boot

thats the special rally edition 5-cyl del sol ... check out that wheel gap y0!

Back