Distributor

• Thread starter civic_SI_hatch
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C

civic_SI_hatch

will a 92 civic si distributor fit on a 99 civic si motor?

No it wont, a 92 si is a D series motor and the 99 si is a b series motor... you will need a 99-00si dizzy. it will need to be 99-00 because it has to be OBD2.

Only need a 99-00 Si Dizzy if you want to be OBD 2, Del Sol VTEC if you want to go OBD1, will need to switch out injectors or plugs too.

The SOHC distributor will fit with some enginuity....OBD's are all you need to match up and check the pinning against a wiring schematic for the car. I currently run an 89 1.6 SOHC si distributor in a 2000 B20 in a 90 Civic, as well I ran an SOHC EX distributor in a 94 SI with a B20/VTEC. They will work, you will only use the top bolt for the hold down.

good luck

Originally posted by b20civic@Feb 20 2003, 09:11 PM
The SOHC distributor will fit with some enginuity....OBD's are all you need to match up and check the pinning against a wiring schematic for the car. I currently run an 89 1.6 SOHC si distributor in a 2000 B20 in a 90 Civic, as well I ran an SOHC EX distributor in a 94 SI with a B20/VTEC. They will work, you will only use the top bolt for the hold down.

good luck

Though he is talking about a vtec distibutor,it needs to be noted the not any sohc "dizzy" will fit,it has to be vtec to vtec or non to non.

My friend has a B16a crx and broke off the set screw on the ignition rotor and I swapped his distributor with the old one out of his non/vtec sohc 1.6 with his dohc 1.6 vtec with no trouble and no extra wires because the vtec has nothing to do with the distributor. I had to remove the lower front tab to clear the vtec solenoid that is all. The car runs like a champ even under 12 punds of boost.

I've always been told they have different mount points and they don't fit right. :huh:

I have done three so far and they mount up utilizing the upper hole only...it is a low cost alternative to an integra distributor...we all know they want a arm and a leg for them...money always the key to trying something thought not to work and sometimes does. There have been no high arm stumbles or low rpm hesitations. My B20 is running one, my friends B16a is running one with no problem so far (I love honda's interchangability). I was a 5.0 mustang guy before this.

True money is a big issue,but something in the back of my mind would always be telling me I only had one bolt holding my distributor on.Shit I freaked out cuz I was missing a bolt for my tranny and had to use a shorter one that bearly fit.

Good call, V-8's have used one bolt since the dawn of the gas engine to hold distributors and I have had no problem so far. I would like to see MSD make a distributor for a honda, wishfull thinking I guess.

Back