District 9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

transformers to me was great. mostly because i'm a big fan since the cartoons.

GI-Joe i heard sucked. especially if your a real soldier your going to see alot of shit that wont ever be tolerated in the real army.

everyones opinion is gonna be different ... so dont believe a word anyone says and just go see it yourself...

on a side note.. i never go to movies.. not worth my $10 to watch something i can watch for free a few months down the road

everyones opinion is gonna be different ... so dont believe a word anyone says and just go see it yourself...
Agreed to an extent. But, many of my friends have similar taste in movies as I. I trust them, so if they're telling me it's terrible, along with 95% of the country telling me it's terrible, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

here is my two cents...GI Joe i felt sleep lol...district 9 awake the whole time

GI-Joe i heard sucked. especially if your a real soldier your going to see alot of shit that wont ever be tolerated in the real army.

Would you really expect it to be an accurate depiction of army life though? If it was a movie about how the army really is, well, then it wouldn't really be G.I.Joe...

The CGI was top notch, but good special effects can't save an abortion of a movie. This review hts the nail on the head.

Topless Robot - Bonus! Rob's Transformers 2 F.A.Q.s! - Page 1

For me though, the special effects were enough to justify seeing it. I completely agree with that review, but then again, I wasn't one of the people who were geeked up over it for months before it came out. I flat out expected the plot to be non-existent and the writing to be retarded (in typical Michael Bay fashion).

I went to a matinee a few weeks after it was released, so I only paid $4.50 to see it...

Would you really expect it to be an accurate depiction of army life though? If it was a movie about how the army really is, well, then it wouldn't really be G.I.Joe...

no not really but my army friends were all dissapointed at the lack of knowledge when it came to ranking officers and who made the important calls. apparently shit that would never be had in the army.

put it to you this way.

kind of like when i watched fast and furious and realized you cant possibly have that much nitrous, turbo along with all the other shiny useless junk in one car. that kind of unreal stuff.

kind of like when i watched fast and furious and realized you cant possibly have that much nitrous, turbo along with all the other shiny useless junk in one car. that kind of unreal stuff.

Right, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. I can name a lot of popular movies where unrealistic things happen. Take The Dark Knight for example. Why didn't they wash the Joker's make-up off at the police station and take pictures of him? Any real booking station would have.

I dunno, I just don't really let stuff like that bother me when it comes to movies. The overriding point of a movie (especially a summer blockbuster) is to entertain, not to provide a 100% true-to-life representation of whatever is on the screen...

The raiting for District 9 says its got bloody violence, but the commercials dont seem to hint at that, so is it like aliens eatin ppl, or gun fights or what?

oh werd?!?!

i fuckin love "splattering"!!!!

^ now you made the movie sound like independence day . . . . its nothing like that.

Movie is politically driven and takes aim at things like segregation, apartheid, and the rights of sentient beings.

Well, I'm not trying to make it sound that way, because your post is exactly what it's at, at the core, which is why I really enjoyed the film. But there is no denying that the alien weapons are well done, and add a very nice touch.

Back