Divx To Dvd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
What are some progams out there to convert divx files to dvd? And will i be able to fit one movie onto one cd? Thanks.

i know this is a car forum, but this is anything goes, and i'm sure all you MOD's will know what to use.

i think he wants to convert them to DVD files so he can burn them onto a DVD. DVD burners are going for fairly cheap now, about the same price CD burners were going for after they came out, but im still gonna wait and be a cheap ass till the price drops even more

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 18 2003, 05:11 PM
i think he wants to convert them to DVD files so he can burn them onto a DVD

That would be nice, but i dont have the money for a DVD burner. My friend downloads divx files and them converts them to some file and then burns it on a CD-R and it is playable on a DVD player. But i hear ya, i'm a cheap skate too... :lol:

he's probably coverting to .mpg and making them into vcd's. i've tried to do this but i could never get them to play. maybe the badass APEX dvd player just can't handle it.

not sure about how to burn dvd's... but you can use TMPGEnc to convert avi's to mpeg's... then cut 'em in half and burn each one to a vcd usin' nero and play 'em on your dvd player.

i convert them to VCD format, and play them on DVD players, I use quicktime pro, which you can download for free from apple.com, and then get a serial from kazaa... then you just use the export feature to convert them to VCD, and then you just have to burn in Video cd format which i think easy cd creator does. this works on both pc's and macs. i just do not know what burning software does vcd format on a PC, as my PC does not have a burner...

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 18 2003, 04:05 PM
i know this is a car forum, but this is anything goes, and i'm sure all you MOD's will know what to use.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

we must be 733t or something :lol:

but yeah... you really can't burn a dvd format. dvd's are fucking weird.... 4+ gb of shit on there, random files... I have no idea what going on in there. I do the VDC thing myself. DVD discs are expensive as shit. just use a CDR and a VCD, and you will get plenty of quality.

and then, you should buy my dvd's in my sig to support these actors :)

Use TMPEGenc to convert divx to Mpeg2(VCD/SVCD). Then use VCDeasy to actually burn the vcd/svcd.

dvdrhelp.com will answer most other questions.

Back