do you like NA or FI

which one and why

• forced induct

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like Calesta's set up, I like NA too, but prefer turbo, I just love the way they sound, and the price to build it up is less. If I had the money, I would build both, to see which one is ultimately the best. I am pretty sure FI is though, the fast drag cars are all FI.

I'm going NA with my car, just because I don't wanna spend the $ on boost and my hp goals for my SOHC aren't set too high.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 24 2003, 09:34 AM
I like Calesta's set up, I like NA too, but prefer turbo, I just love the way they sound, and the price to build it up is less. If I had the money, I would build both, to see which one is ultimately the best. I am pretty sure FI is though, the fast drag cars are all FI.

i wouldnt say its necessarily less or cheaper... true the amount ive spent to build my car i could have had an easy 11 second turbo car... but its all about preference for the time being

i might decide to build another turbo Honda later on in the future but not right now

:)

The only reason I say NA is to be a hustla! You can pop your hood at the street races and not have to give away all the shit you have. You have a turbo and it's just sitting there screaming at you, LOOK AT ME!!! PPPPPSSSSSSSSSSTTT!!!
I guess I'm the only person on here that goes to the money races...

Every time someone says "FI" I think Fuel Injection. :)

I say we hijack the thread and turn it into a discussion about Carbureted vs Fuel Injection. :)

Im sorry....

but you people sayin Forced induction is cheating are idiots how the hell is it cheatin when its available to everyone......and when u race a boosted car for money and it kicks the shit outa you do u think he is goin to care that u think he cheated.....

So your also sayin if u go out and buy say a WRX or Evo 8 its automatically cheated because they are boosted cars....Hell look at those 105hp TURBOED CARS are they cheating even though they have 105hp

dumbest argument ever saying that boosted cars is cheating...and you people trying to mod a honda to make it fast and want it to be cheap....drive ur honda off a cliff and buy an american car...You will never have a cheap/fast honda they are slow as hell stock and have no torque and only 4 little cylinders

I love how people think Turbos cost more then N/A setups

Ok well its half true

160WHP N.A motor will be cheaper then a 300WHP turbo setup
a 300WHP N/A motor would cost the same if not more then a 600WHP turbo setup

to make big power out of a N/A setup is very hard thats why you get respect for doing so

too bad it would cost you out the ass to do it

Bottom line it comes down to one thing

what are you doing with the car?

all out power Turbo

Auto X car I would go with an all motor setup just check out Foos old Civic

to bad it would be slow as hell in the 1/4 mile or on a big open track

p.s no one here is saying its cheating but there are a good bit of people out there who believe it is

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 24 2003, 02:41 PM
Auto X car I would go with an all motor setup just check out Foos old Civic

to bad it would be slow as hell in the 1/4 mile or on a big open track

i'd have to say even on road course i would rather have an N/A car rather than turbo... unless its a 996 porche turbo :)

Im sorry....

but you people sayin Forced induction is cheating are idiots how the hell is it cheatin when its available to everyone......and when u race a boosted car for money and it kicks the shit outa you do u think he is goin to care that u think he cheated.....

So your also sayin if u go out and buy say a WRX or Evo 8 its automatically cheated because they are boosted cars....Hell look at those 105hp TURBOED CARS are they cheating even though they have 105hp

dumbest argument ever saying that boosted cars is cheating...and you people trying to mod a honda to make it fast and want it to be cheap....drive ur honda off a cliff and buy an american car...You will never have a cheap/fast honda they are slow as hell stock and have no torque and only 4 little cylinders

Another stupid ass domestic enthusist, coming on an Import board and talking shit. What is the point to doing this, so you can get your cheap thrill of wasting our time? The reason I think that dumb asses like you come on this board is because you just got smoked by Hyundai. So as somebody stated before STFU.

One more thing I totally agree with Jeffie 7

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 25 2003, 12:15 AM
Im sorry....

Another stupid ass domestic enthusist, coming on an Import board and talking shit. What is the point to doing this, so you can get your cheap thrill of wasting our time? The reason I think that dumb asses like you come on this board is because you just got smoked by Hyundai. So as somebody stated before STFU.

One more thing I totally agree with Jeffie 7

:bo: :owned:

I'm a domestic lover too. and technically boosting IS cheating, because if you do the number work boosting a small displacement car is exactly like adding more displacement and or cylinders...So, i'm not going to do the numbers so I'll throw a hypothetical one out... you could really say you have a 5.7L I4 producing 325 hp boosted, or you could get a real 350 and have 325 hp from the box. The only difference is the I4 has less weight to pull than the true 350. :p ;)

Back