Drivers Side Window Coming Up Crooked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

91 Accord Sedan

Front drivers side window just doesn't seem to want to come up evenly. It looks like it has been broken into at one point in its life, now the window wont follow the guides and leaves about a 3/4" gap when its full up. It seems like the regulator is not pulling up evenly because I can push the window to the latch side and hold it and it will come up fine. I've tried all I know with the adjustment screws and whatnot, I am wondering if the regulator is just no good anymore (as far as coming up straight).

Anybody got any ideas for getting this window to roll up as it should? I can provide pictures and whatnot as needed. I want to put my CD player from my old car in but not until I know I can secure it.

Open the door skin and tighten all of the bolts in the door skin / mounting brackets. After years of vibration and door open and close, they start to fall around. With the window partially up, I bet you can shake it around. You shouldn't be able to shake it at all. If you can, it's the mounting bolts.

I could shake it and move it, but every bolt is solid. I will go back into the door and see if I can't find something else to tighten but I believe the problem came from the break in.

Back