DropZone lowering kit...any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the DropZone lowering kit? They sell them on ebay. Are they any good? Also the kit lowers my car 2.5" in the front and 2.25" in the back and that'a alright with me, but I'm wondering if that is possible on my car. I have a 92 Accord with 17" rims and the profile of the tire is 45. Will there be enough room? Thanks

they're cheap and good.I have the coil overs on a 97 civic and they do a good job,then this past sunday i order the gas shocks from ebay,a guy that sells certified items from dropzone,and they will arrive tomorow.

if you are looking for cheap ass coil overs, they will do.

everyones going to tell you they're junk.....but 99% of them have never owned a set.

I have them (struts w/the springs..not the coilovers) in my EG (check the Garage to see pics)

My car sits perfectly even and never bottoms out. I also live in Providence RI which is basicly a series of hills. Combine that with the potholes/shitty roads and that'll give you an idea of what I put them through. The car rides decent, a little rough, but its lowered...thats what happens...on the highway they're nice

I'm also running 205/40/17's on the car and they don't rub.

my opinion...for the price they're decent, but I wouldn't run them on an AutoX car

Quoted post[/post]]
everyones going to tell you they're junk.....but 99% of them have never owned a set.

I have them (struts w/the springs..not the coilovers) in my EG (check the Garage to see pics)

My car sits perfectly even and never bottoms out. I also live in Providence RI which is basicly a series of hills. Combine that with the potholes/shitty roads and that'll give you an idea of what I put them through. The car rides decent, a little rough, but its lowered...thats what happens...on the highway they're nice

I'm also running 205/40/17's on the car and they don't rub.

my opinion...for the price they're decent, but I wouldn't run them on an AutoX car
thank you

i owned a set of drop zone coil overs that i had on my 94 accord coupe and they were absolute garbage and the most bouncy thing i have ever ridden in

Just a note to everyone who says that the ride was bouncy. If your ride is too bouncy, your suspension is too underdamped, and you need a more matched set of shocks. I'm not saying I've ever owned them, or ever will, because unless you get a set of konis custom valved for the spring, you are not likely to find a matched shock for some of the cheaper spring sets. Just food for thought.

right...the h&r springs with the blues i have are the best 500 dollars i spent...ever

h&r makes nice springs... I'll probably either pick up some neuspeed full coilovers or a set of progress group coilovers for my integra. Or omni power, but those are third choice.

Quoted post[/post]]
right...the h&r springs with the blues i have are the best 500 dollars i spent...ever
got those too, i posted about dropzones that a friend was selling cheap. i defended my friend in saying htey wouldnt sell me junk.

well, like mike said, they will be bouncy unless the shock is made for that spring rate.

i say dont get em.

on a lighter note tokico hp (blues) struts are also about the worst aftermarket strut you can buy. I have set of them in my car now and its my second set and they are all blown. I have neuspeed race springs. the struts simply cannot handle a drop well, and simply blow. ive seen first hand more than 3 or 4 occasions of the hp struts blowing qwith a drop spring one of them being their own spring from their kit! so in conclusion when looking for an aftermarket strut to match dampening with whichever spring you choose if you must go with tokico spend the extra money and get the llumina's. or otherwise bilstiens or konis

i ordered a dropzone suspension kit for my eg off of ebay. i got the shocks/struts with the springs as a package. Paid about 235 plus shipping. i must say that i am fairly impressed, much better than the intrax setup i had. for the price vs functionality ratio i would say they are very good. obviously not for the track but candle handle 99%.... errr 97% of what you can throw at them on city streets.

the coilovers are garbage. if you get any dust or dirt in the threads while installing the set you most likely will end up getting something jammed in there and you wont be able to adjust the height of the car. I know from experience...stay away from their coilovers.

Back