DX to B16A swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxdxb16a

I have recently swapped a b16a into my crx dx. i used a si wiring harness that i bought converted for the b16a, integra axles, custom shiftlinkages,and avid motor mounts.

The motor will crank but will not fire or anything, it doesnt even sound like it wants to start at all.

I have checked all of the following....
the compression (125,125,90,125).
the timing is all ok.
i have redone and checked all of the grounds.
tried the ecu, injectors, and resistor modual in another crx b16a.
i have redone the wiring to the computer and checked it three times.

Does anyone have any suggestions,
Please help......
thanks

damn someone correct me but that compression seems really low. i thought b-series motors were suppose to be around like 180- 225. but i'm not possitive on this.

yea it defently looks low, however, if you don't ahve the best compression tester, your readings can be off and what your looking for then is common numbers througout.

Start with the basics. Do you here the fuel pump turning on? When you pull a plug after trying to start it, does it smell like gas? Pull out a plug and put it in a wire and crank over the engine (place the plug on a peice of metal to ground it) Crank it over and see if you can see spark (have a freind crank it over) Do those test, come back

IMO, it's that harness you bought. Rule of thumb is that you need to use the harness that came with the car that the motor is going into. I've noticed that some model EF's have different shock tower plugs for some reason. So my guess is they could also be wired differently even if they plug in. just a though, I'm not sure. Did you just buy an Si harness and wire in the VTEC? If so, your best bet would be to send both your Si and DX harness to RyWire.com so they can make you one that works. You can also just wire the injectors yourself. I highly recommend that over anything else. You said you wired in your VTEC and wiring injectors is just as easy, just a little more time consuming. Goodluck.

i can hear the fuel pump turning on, and can see and hear the pressure released when the fuel line is disconnected from the fuel rail.

i also tried grounding out the plugs and did see them all spark in the right order.

when i ordered the wiring i had to check how many empty pins were on the shock tower plugs so they sent a harness that they said would work.

do you think it could be possible that even though the timing looks right the plugs can be firing on the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke. someone told me check for this.

Originally posted by crxdxb16a@Jun 14 2005, 08:16 AM
do you think it could be possible that even though the timing looks right the plugs can be firing on the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke. someone told me check for this.
[post=511973]Quoted post[/post]​

that can only happen if your plug wires are wrong at the distributor

I would say ignitor or coil, but you said you have spark. Compression on my B16A is 235 all cylinders. Do you hear any strange knocking when you turn it over?

If no to all of those, then your wiring is bad.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jun 15 2005, 09:59 AM
I would say ignitor or coil, but you said you have spark. Compression on my B16A is 235 all cylinders. Do you hear any strange knocking when you turn it over?

If no to all of those, then your wiring is bad.
[post=512415]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya,

I think its the wiring harness, maybe the guy that made it off ebay messed up. So ive decided to take my old dx harness and convert it to MPFI then add the vtec wiring.

Turns out that it was a wiring problem, there was a couple injector wires missing on that harness I bought on ebay.

Thanks for the help.

Back