e-brake light staying on?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

well i have a slight delimma with my 89 si. just recently the e-brake light on my dash started to stay on and i dont know why. sometimes it turns off, sometimes it doesnt. its starting to drive me crazy because i dont know what the hell it is, i checked the switch for the e-brake and it still doesnt do anything. i even took the wire off the switch and it still stayed on. . . im just a bit confused. . . bad switch maybe?

and to top it off, it turns off and on somtimes on its own. . . blahhhhh

someone help, ne ideas?

also does that brake light on the dash mean anything other than the e-brake?

it could be the switch. when the switch is open (meaning the wires are not connected) the light comes on. when you put it down the switch is pressed and the light turns off (which is why pulling the wire didnt do anything). so its a very good possibility that it is the switch causing the problem.

Just ground that wire out and remember to pull up the ebrake whenever you park.

Check the nut on the back of the brake lever. Sometimes the nut backs off and allows the handle to come up slightly.

naw brake fluid level is fine, i forgot to add that it turns off sometimes and goes back on. But when the light is off i can turn it on and off with the e-brake by pulling it up or pushing it down. . . this leads me to belive its the switch, i didnt think about grounding the wire untill i put all the covers back on =T. . .

Back