Ebay car sales

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone who ebays a lot...

i;m looking to find out if prices normally jump at the last few minutes or not...

whether you buy or sell, if you've seen auto auctions end let me know how they went...

i only watched one mazda truck once, went from 100 to 500 in less than 60 seconds...

another thing, although its too late now, what do you start the bidding off at when selling a car, i opened it at 100, but someone emailed me asking if i was stupid cause that makes it look like a piece of shit starting it off so low...

and i have 38 people "watching" the car, so i was wondering if i can expect a huge price surge...

the last min of an auction, you can see a 50% increase in your price.... it all depends really.

i start shit at 99 cents most the time, but stick a reserve on it.

if you stick both a reserve and start it high, the fees are more. so why bother?

cars are a little different because they are flat rate listing fees.... but still, i'd bid on just about ANY car for 99 cents. lol

Check your number of watchers and then go based upon that.

38 number of watchers is a shitload. You can easily see a huge increase in price.

Yeah, but you did post it here, I wonder how many watchers are from this sight...

Anyway, yeah, a expect a surge at the end. Thats where all of the experienced ebayers will bid.

I bought my CRX on ebay. I didn't place an opening bid; I didn't want the other biddders to know they had competition.

The last 60 seconds are indeed where all the bidding takes place. With one minute to go, the car was at $600. 60 seconds later I won it for $1100, placing my bid manually with one second to go.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Aug 15 2005, 04:09 PM
I bought my CRX on ebay. I didn't place an opening bid; I didn't want the other biddders to know they had competition.

The last 60 seconds are indeed where all the bidding takes place. With one minute to go, the car was at $600. 60 seconds later I won it for $1100, placing my bid manually with one second to go.
[post=540398]Quoted post[/post]​

Same thing I did with my crx.. It went from 1500 to 2200 in the last 15 seconds.

Yeah people will definitely try and snipe IF..... IIIIFFFFFF they even bid on it. I have put a few cars up, one being the SHO in my avatar. I always get a shitload of watchers but nobody ever bids. They email me with lots of questions pertaining to SHO's.... (Whered you get the rims, What size are they, where can I get seatcovers, My SHO is making a weird sound, what do you think it is?????) You know, stuff like that. Then after the auction ends I get emails from about 1/2 the watchers trying to low-ball me. Hell one guy even talked about how he liked the rims, the fact it had no rust and the metal flake in the paint. After mentioning all that he proceeded to talk about what '91 SHO's normally sell for on ebay (about 1-2k) and offered me 1k for my SHO. I told him how about he just kicks me in the balls and we call it a day.

Anyway, ebay is ok if you can get a good bidder. Otherwise you're dropping $50 everytime you list a vehicle, which kinda cuts into your profit if you're only looking for a couple k. Buying a car is a whole other story. Suffice to say, don't do it unless you can look at the car and drive it before hand or you are willing to waste money (and time) on gas and are prepared to walk away from the transaction.

Good luck with your sale bro.

prices most of the time will jump, because someone invented something called auction sniper. a program that watches an auction and is set to make a bid as exact as 2 seconds before closing. sucks for us 56k bidders.

Just put in how much your willing to pay TOPS, if it goes over..then you didn't want it....its pretty simple

Back