ecu tuning ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can i alter my fuel and ignition curves enuph with a greddy e-manage or shuld i keep saving for a stand alone like hondata or the aem

right now im running a h22a in a delsol off the stock p28 ive looked into custom chipping the p28 to run the h22 but the only place i found that was reasonable was in canada hyperducktuning.com i would like to chip the ecu with a custom program and run a piggyback system for further tuning abilty or would the emanage be enuph till i have more cash for the stand alone units

does anybody know of some one that can chip or program my ecu

I'm chipping a P28 right now. It's not very hard. For a few more bucks, you can set up your ECU for datalogging. Just hook up a laptop :)

PGMFI.org has all the info. You'll need a desoldering iron, and some small parts from radio shack.

I have all the desoldering and soldering equipment if anyone needs the soldering portion of the job done, I can do it pretty cheap for board members.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 10 2004, 01:06 PM
I have all the desoldering and soldering equipment if anyone needs the soldering portion of the job done, I can do it pretty cheap for board members.

Do you have any closeups of datalogging equipment on a P28? There are instructions on pgmfi.org, but the picture would help a lot. I'd like to see where the cable is actually soldered onto the board. The chipping has been fairly simple so far.

Also, can ANYTHING be done with my old P13? I know it's not supported for Hondata, but I wouldn't feel right selling it to someone else since I'm not sure about the knock board being fully functional. Can I set it up for chipping later?

[/threadjack]

You can chip the P13 pretty easily.. it's even easier than the P28. I had done mine but sold it after I got the P28 running.

I also want to get the datalogging going on the P28 and also real time programming. Just have to wait for my programmer to come back :(

Basicaly, it is just an RS232 adaptor that connects to the unused 4 pin header on the board. I am not at home now but at some point I will post a pic of it. It is fairly straightforward, aside from the coding end of it.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 12 2004, 11:30 AM
Basicaly, it is just an RS232 adaptor that connects to the unused 4 pin header on the board. I am not at home now but at some point I will post a pic of it. It is fairly straightforward, aside from the coding end of it.

I'll be your friend for at least a week if you do that. :lol:

look on PGMFI and the uberdata board. I use a $6 USB phone cable from ebay with the end cut off for datalogging.

Originally posted by radnulb@Jul 13 2004, 10:05 AM
look on PGMFI and the uberdata board. I use a $6 USB phone cable from ebay with the end cut off for datalogging.

I looked at the pics :) What I was hoping for was a little closer view of the attaching points inside the ECU. I definitely want to be set up for datalogging, to be ready for a later date. :D I think I will be turboed sometime next year.

Originally posted by tab+Jul 13 2004, 08:24 PM-->
@Jul 13 2004, 10:05 AM

I looked at the pics :) What I was hoping for was a little closer view of the attaching points inside the ECU. I definitely want to be set up for datalogging, to be ready for a later date. :D I think I will be turboed sometime next year.
[post=362730]Quoted post[/post]​

Just so you know, you will have to use specific datalogging ROM to make it work. As for the attachment points, they are pre-soldered pads. They need to be de-soldered then a 4 pin connector soldered on or the wires soldered right on to the board.

Originally posted by nfn15037+Jul 22 2004, 04:51 PM-->
Originally posted by tab@Jul 13 2004, 08:24 PM
radnulb
@Jul 13 2004, 10:05 AM
look on PGMFI and the uberdata board.  I use a $6 USB phone cable from ebay with the end cut off for datalogging.

[post=362730]Quoted post[/post]​

Just so you know, you will have to use specific datalogging ROM to make it work. As for the attachment points, they are pre-soldered pads. They need to be de-soldered then a 4 pin connector soldered on or the wires soldered right on to the board.
[post=366983]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I saw the diagram on pgmfi.org I also saw a pic of a cable coming out of the ECU. What I am unsure of is which wire goes to what pad. There are five soldering points, four wires, and a mulititude of combinations that could be used. I want the right combination, and didn't understand what was on pgmfi.

As for the ROM. Don't you burn a chip with the program to enable datalogging? I plan on buying an Eprom burner.

Back