Eibach Sportline Springs make my Tires Rub

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi All-

I just did a drop on my 98 Integra this weekend with Eibach Spotline springs (about 1.7" drop). Now my tires have rubbed through the splash guards on corners and my rear camber adjustment make the tires scrape the fender wheel wells and will wear out the tires like this.

What's up with this? Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

I had to switch from my 215/40/17 tires to some 205/50/15 wheels and they still rub.

Is the drop just too low? It seems like the springs should be a little stiffer since it is so low.

Any suggestions?

i have the that kit in my civic i didn't have a problem with any rubbing till i did the rear disc brake conversion i used a 99 integra rear end and now my back tires rub when i corner
my fronts are fine no rubs
i have 17's on the my car
my stock 14's dont rub at all but they look stupid under the car so i'm dealing with the rubbing for now i'm planning on rolling the rear wheel wells in to get more clearance

hey you are right! my 96 Civic hatch fits the 17's and it is lowered too (they just look too big on it).

the 14's barely fit but look dumb.

so do most people roll their fenders? Is this the only way to have it work when the positive camber is added back?

i rolled mine :) i was rolling on 17s for awhile.

38mm I think. what is the ideal offest for a 98 Integra?
The stock black steelies rub a little too.

Attachments

• 98IntegraSteelies.jpg
    98IntegraSteelies.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 661
  • 98Integra15 RotaGrid8 w 205 50 15.jpg
    98Integra15 RotaGrid8 w 205 50 15.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 665
  • 98Integra15 RotaGrid8 w 205 50 15 2.jpg
    98Integra15 RotaGrid8 w 205 50 15 2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 98IntegraSteelies2.jpg
    98IntegraSteelies2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
are you running stock shocks w/ lowering springs? if you are.. you probably have blown shocks.. if you wanna be low you're gonna need decent shocks or they'll keep blowing

Last edited:
so what do you guys think? maybe I should just remove the rear camber kit and put back the stock setting- that should clear. Except for then I am back to rubbing my tires... :mad::(

yeah I'm starting to get that feeling.. I thought I'd take a chance but I think I should have just got the Tokiko Blues...

the reviews looked good. :(

Tokico HP (blues) are good if you arent going to dump the car.. they're good for about a 1.5" drop.. KYB AGXs are a better shock for about a 2" drop.. any lower than that you're losing functionality ..

Back