New car, vtaaaakkk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

I decided to piece together a new daily driver to replace my Pilot so I could trade it in and my wifes TSX for an MDX. It doesnt make much sense to have two car payments when I drive such a short distance to work.

Plus I miss having a car, that is actually fun to drive.

I found a shell with a lot of goodies already on it in Jacksonville, decent price was negotiated.

FS posting:

Body/cosmetic:
Championship White paint
JDM SiR-G lip
Shaved side moldings/rear wing/antenna/rear emblem holes
Removed rear wiper and sealed the glass hole
Aftermarket side mirrors (painted the housings to match the car)
HID headlights
Full amber turn signals

Suspension:
Ground control coilovers/Eibach springs
Koni Yellow shocks
Type R rear sway bar
Progress Technology front camber kit
Stock GSR strut tower bar

Etc:
16” Rota Circuit 8 wheels
205/45 ZR16 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires
Goodridge steel braided front brake lines
JDM SiR-G gauge cluster (147,497km)
Original cloth interior (leather was optional in 97)
CLEAN acura floor mats
Auto Meter Quick-Lite mini shift light
Auto Meter Phantom electric fuel pressure gauge (0-100psi) & electric oil pressure gauge (mounted in glovebox)
Combination air/fuel and injector duty cycle gauge (also mounted in glovebox)
APEXi V-AFC
ODB2>OBD1 ecu jumper
AEM power steering pulley
Intact: A/C, power steering, ABS

Fuel:
250lph Walbro fuel pump
Fairly new stock fuel filter

Exhaust:
2.5” straight pipe cat delete w/o2 bung, flared collector and flange
2.5” mandrel bent piping kit
ES Tuning Systems oval muffler painted flat black. 2.5” inlet/outlet

mypix023.jpg

mypix025.jpg

mypix020.jpg

mypix017.jpg

mypix051.jpg

mypix043.jpg

As it sits now:
20120830_112206.jpg

20120830_112233.jpg

20120830_113137.jpg

20120830_113117.jpg

20120725_183521-1.jpg

20120725_183550-1.jpg

20120725_183504.jpg

20120725_183751-1.jpg

20120725_183833-1.jpg

20121006_182102.jpg

20121006_182047.jpg

20121006_182027.jpg

20121006_182014.jpg

20121006_182003.jpg

20121006_1819481.jpg

20121006_181908.jpg

This is how it looked when I loaded it up in Jacksonville, no current pics but not much has changed outside of the engine bay.

Last edited:
2013-01-15

99 JDM ITR

2013-01-16

OEM new ITR muffler, I want stock look and somewhat stock sound.

I also picked up a USDM ITR cluster, and a p28/ob1-2 harness.

The motor is in and I have a ton of crap to fix.

Still need to install Poly bushings, ac, tie rods, abs issues, and a few other things.

This thing rips, but the brakes and hanlding is terrible at the moment until I get all the bushings, ride height etc. taken care of. I will try to update as I go, these freaking jdm/spoon copy mirrors suck balls hard....I cant see shit. Im going to order some used oem mirrors, and eventually I would like to get a ctr 5 lug with white rims to complete the car.

I wanted an ITR, but the prices on a 97 are just stupid so this will work.

I have about $6300 total in this car so its still a lot cheaper than a 97 R and will have mostly new or newish parts on it. The motor looked super clean internally, doesnt smoke at all, trans feels like butter and really scoots with the 4.7 FD.

All I had at my house was $100 in amsoil race oil so thats what its running lol!

My race car sadly, is still waiting for the professionally built D15B7 to arrive. That should be putting down close to 120 at the wheels pretty much all stock.

Last edited:
Thanks man, its unreal what people are selling even clean unmolested GSRs for here.....$6500 for a really clean low mileage all stock 95 I found! This ended up being a better route I think and I hope to drive this car for many years.

Hell, I got 7+ really good years out of my hatch before it became a race car.

I guess this is me slightly growing up a little...I dont need to impress anyone with a nice car at work etc.

The child in me decided on this instead of a Focus or something really practical :)

Clean car, looks good

Looks nice! I saw this for sale a while ago, cant remember if it was HT or what but its cool that you put a ITR motor in it!

Thanks guys, yes HT was where I found it.

I have a vband setup to mount the new muffler to the existing 2.5 exhaust. I know reducing the size slightly is not optimal but Im not trying to be a dyno whore.

Still need to decide on a cd player, honestly I just need something that can utilize iphone and streaming. Maybe even integrated XM. I havent even checked to see if it has door speakers still lol.

I would like an ITR oem radio, anyone know if those aux kits actually work to hook up my iphone to? I need pre-outs from it to go to my amp too.

Last edited:
and get them bubbly ass tints off of there

if you are going to have them re-tinted look into the ceramic tints... they dont bubble, dont fade, and dont purple over time... they also block more heat then regular tints do keeping the interior cooler :)
they cost more but the benefits seem to be worth it

my next car will be have them
they also make a clear sheet for the windshield that reflects away a lot of the heat and UV light protecting your interior from fading or cracking and keeping the interior even cooler

Bastard! lol, I know, I know, all of my buddies are like lets see how long that thing remains in your drive way.

My insurance company offers like 1k in additional value for customization, and I think I can insure past what they value it at so I don't lose my ass.....I might do it once I get all the car swaps done.

The good news is, no risk at work.

The car is always parked in front of a car and has a car on its side. So, 2 cars would need to be moved....or they would have to steal all the shit right in my drive way. Gated community not that it really stops much.

I really need to clean my garage lol! A bigger one would be good too lol. I should have the muffler welded up this weekend i hope.

Back