electrical or mechanical?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
whats the difference between an electrical and mechanical gauge(oil pressure), say like an autometer? I'm running the golden eagle LS/Vtec kit with the "sandwhich" adapter the goes between the block and the oil filter and has an external hookup. Which gauge do I get to use that nipple?.....HAHA i said nipple....
matt

Mechanical ;) you would use an electric one if you have an electric sending unit, though i would like to know whats more acurate?

The mechanical guage will have an actual nylon or hard line that will run down to the "nipple". And electrical one would have a line that connects to that "nipple" then to the electirc sending unit then an electircal leade from the sending unit to the guage.

mechanicle is more reliable because you have a small little tube that fills with your engine oil and actually comes from the motor to the inside your car and the gauge actually reads that pressure, its kinda cool too cause you can tell when your oil needs to be changed.

I like the electrical. theres just something about a direct oil line from the motor to about a foot away from your face that doesn't sit well with me.

I'm all about electric for everything except boost.
boost is simply vaccum, and thats fine by me to come into my interior.

but oil, or water- i want elec. I don't want to run hot oil into my dash board. if that hose cracks or falls off, holy mess batman

Mechanical has always been the way for me, as long as you bleed the line that goes to the gage correctly it's way more acurate.

You guys are crazy! Even if the hose did come off or something that shit aint gonna squirt all over.

And besides if its installed right there shouldint be a problem.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 25 2004, 09:52 AM
You guys are crazy! Even if the hose did come off or something that shit aint gonna squirt all over.

pressurized oil isnt gonna squirt all over? say a hose breaks or something. how bout a fuel pressure gauge. would u want gasoline thats about at 40psi dumping into the inside of the car with all of the electrical stuff being right near it? baboom!

id rather stay electronic, Id rather it not be as accurate then have gas/oil all over my car.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 25 2004, 09:52 AM

:lol: keep driving your trans am hommie.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:mullet:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 25 2004, 08:06 PM-->
@Mar 25 2004, 09:52 AM

:lol: keep driving your trans am hommie.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:mullet:

Keep talking shit foo.... You drive a burnt out 240, i like all cars not just imports but i would take my T/A in a hot second over that 240..... besides you know damn well theres a GS-R in my future ;) Any ways different guages are ran different, some will have hard lines some will be nylon. A gas pressure guage would have different precautions as far as the design. You foo's are crazy if you think they sell these things with flaws like that. Do you think Auto meter would put there name on such a product? And how many horror storys have you guys ever heard that involve Guages.......? :D I know i have never heard any, and thats becuase if there were any it was cause some one was a dumb ass and felt to stupid to ever tell the story!

Back