Engine Selection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pjecthatch

what kind of engine would be suggested for an all motor route right now but a possible turbo down the road. i spoke with someone about it and they suggested a b18c5 but at the estimated 4,500 price they gave me i dont think thats the one for me. i would go through the process of having it bored the heads ported and all that stuff. so if anyone has any suggestions im all ears.

get the gsr (B18C1)
then figure out what the hell you want to do before you spend anything else
building for NA and building for FI are compleatly different
any money you spend for NA will be wasted when/if you decide to go FI
so sit down think it out and make the decision before you waste all your money on shit you cant use

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 20 2003, 11:15 AM
get the gsr (B18C1)
then figure out what the hell you want to do before you spend anything else
building for NA and building for FI are compleatly different
any money you spend for NA will be wasted when/if you decide to go FI
so sit down think it out and make the decision before you waste all your money on shit you cant use

:werd:

well are you going for stictly drag racing or do you want to be able to auto cross as well. I say for a drag only car you gotta go with the jdm h22. It is the ultimate motor. You have to take in mind the weight of a motor. It will change the way your car handles so much depending on what you get. if youd like to handle good too. i say go gsr or b16. or you could get lsvtec. Thats a great motor too.

I agree with some of the guys that have already commented. Go with the GSR. You can keep it in it's stock trim, or with maybe a few bolt-ons. It's a great N/A and FI motor. IMO, don't waste the money on an ITR if you're going FI.
I think all ITR and CTR motors should be kept N/A. <_<

I'm guessing it's going to be going into a hatchback. For a hatchbach I would stay with the B-series. But if it's a coupe or sedan remember that there is no replacement for an H22 cuz if you keep it N/A it'll be a hell of a street car.

Back