Engine Swap 92 prelude SiR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ludester

I was just wondering what engine would be best to put in my 92 prelude sir? I took out the stock HF-2-2A. Now i'm not sure what to put in. Any advice, would be greatly appreciated.

whyd you take it out. The H22A is the best engine for that car as far as im concerned.

Well, H or F? F22 is bottom of the line, H22 is top of the line. Also, knowing which one you had will help determine your best course.

H22 is DOHC VTEC. F22 is SOHC non-vtec.

well if its the sir its the H22

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 19 2005, 11:12 PM
well if its the sir its the H22
[post=514201]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't think the Prelude had an SIR. I think that was an Accord. The Prelude has SI, Type S, Atts models.

i think the sir was offered in canada and probably europe. not sure though. i'm too lazy to search as well.

Originally posted by lude9593@Jun 22 2005, 09:49 AM
i think the sir was offered in canada and probably europe. not sure though. i'm too lazy to search as well.
[post=515161]Quoted post[/post]​

The SiR was produced in Japan. It is stamped HF-2-2A. Im not to sure if it is the F2-2A or what. I've been searching everywhere to find out, no luck :(

yeah thats the easiest way to tell, but from the research i did the SiR only had the h22 in it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 22 2005, 04:50 PM
Does it say DOHC VTEC on the valve cover?
[post=515366]Quoted post[/post]​

No it doesn't say anything on the valve cover. The guy i bougth it from said it has a 2.3 if that helps... If it is the h-2-2 all i will have to do is change the crank shaft, but if it is the F-2-2 what would i be able to swap it for? and would i need any modifications to make it fit? I appreciate your help guys. I wana get this car on the road asap!!!

Well if it has a 2.3 then it is a H23...question answered.

Back