exhaust wet fart?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The higher pitched more fart-sounding exhausts are less restrictive and offer a lot more flow right? I've got muffler shop 2.25 inch cat-back exhaust piping with a frickin 4" rice can that I bought my Civic with and I've never heard another civic that sounded quite like it I love the sound! Wish I had a video camera I'll try to get a hold of one.

The higher pitched more fart-sounding exhausts are less restrictive and offer a lot more flow right?

Not necessarily. A lot of it depends on the design of the muffler, and whether or not a resonator is present. A good flowing muffler doesn't necessarily have to be loud. An oval-shaped straight-through muffler is generally quieter than a round "fart can" style straight-through muffler because there's less resonating material, but they'll flow about the same.

I have a magnaflow on my b16a (came with the car) which doesnt sound all that bad, the baffle has gone on it so it sounds horrible now.

Either way i have a HKS hi-power on the way. All small 4 cyls will fart its just getting the right lows and pitch.
Ive heard nothing but sexy pitches from HKS's.

Well, the thing about that exhaust:

It's on a turbo car! The turbocharger unit itself is a huge "muffler" so the whole exhaust system needs to be designed differently, and sometimes uses less resonators.

There is this one exhaust out there for the n/a RX-7... Corksport... now THAT sounds like shit...lol. :D

Last edited:
Back