f22 into crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d16z6si

Ok so i have always been a sohc person. I have had my share dual cams, and love surprising people with off the wall crazy built sohc. So this one is a new swap for me. If anyone has any help i really need all that i can get. Thanks A lot:(

I have thought about this swap before but more like a frankenstein motor build. could be done fairly cheap. theres a mount for it so why not right.

It's basically the same as doing an H22A swap... Mounts, Axles, etc... Unless you are using the Prelude version though you will have to use SOHC Prelude post bracket. Personally I think it's a lot of work for what you are going to get out of it but people will defiantly be surprised when you pop your hood.

88-91 Honda Civic/ CRX EF H-Series Swap, DIY

ok so im going to do this all myself what axels do i need to run i have the accord but its smashed so what all should i use is the ? i guess

What motor exactly? You could swap on a couple different heads to increase power a bit. f22b2, f23a1, maybe even the non vtec f22a4 head, I have seen people run h23 heads on the f22 blocks as well but if you wanna stick with sohc I would go with the b2 probably. But either way I am glad to see another sohc guy sticking to them. I debated on a b18 swap in my civic when I blew my motor but ended up buildin a mini me instead.

SOHC's are going a long ways these days. Speed Factory just ran a 10-second D16y8 with a bad trans and stock cam. Using a nasty 600+ HP Vitara Setup. If they would change the gears and introduce a cam they would easily break into 9's.

Last edited:
I wanted to swap an H22 for a while, but when I realized that I could put just as much power down with a good turbo and tune, I figured I'd stick with the f22 and rebuild if I have to, but then I remembered I have no money, and decided to drive it till it dies. F22 would be pretty cool. Built SOHC is always respectable. Good luck!

good luck with this, and keep everyone posted. sohc is the new B.lol..
Old school builds like single cams will always atay freash.

ok sorry i could not post anything yesterday my computer took a shit im not really to sure what the motor is for sure the car is sitting at my buddies shop and i guess my little rex got nominated for the swap so i need h22 axels and half shaft for an ef i heard from some where the the b18 axels will work is this true or is someone full of shit

I see good 'ol SwapSwap poped in on this thread.
Love your guys products :D

But, glad your sticking with a SOHC. :D

Pics when it starts !?

i will deff have pics up as soon as i start on the swap im takein it to my buddies shop on wendsday :) so excited im just doing stock si right now till i have everything for the f22 plus i wat to do complete rebuild and bore and head work you know all the works before it gets put in

Back