F22b Or H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I have a little bit of a dilema with my upcoming engine swap. I have talked to some friends of mine briefly about this. I drive a 90 Accord with an automatic transmission. I am not sure if I am going to convert to the 5-speed or not yet. I am looking at two different engines right now F22B from a Prelude Si 160hp and 190hp H22A. I like the fact that the F22 is not a vtec and my tranny right now is from a 95 accord EX so the F22 probably won't kill the tranny as fast as the H22. I may turbo or supercharge later so that is something else to think about. Which one do you guys suggest?

Peace*

Hey, I mentioned in that last thread that the F22B is a SOHC non-VTEC from the Prelude S, and the H23 is a DOHC non-VTEC from the Prelude Si. You definitely want the H23. Our reference section is wrong on that.

Oh thinks man. I knew that hp rating on that F22B did not sound right when I heard it. This makes my decision a lot easier.

Peace*

hey dude what you should do is throw the h22 head onto the f22b. I have heard some things about it and think it is a good idea. you should ask more about it though.

HEY I HAVE A 89 HONDA ACCORD HB AND I'M PUTTING THE H22 IN IT ALSO...MINE IS AUTO ALSO BUT I'M PUTIN THE 5 SPEED IN IT I GUESS IT HELPS WHEN I'M DOING ALL FOR UNDER $1000 (MY UNCLE OWNS A JUNK YARD) BUT YEAH I'LL KEEP YOU UP TO DATE IN HOW EVERYTHING IS GOING SO YOU NO GODD LUCK ON YOUR CAR..... LATER

JARED
89 ACCORD HB ALL STOCK H22 AND 5 SPEED ON THE WAY

Back