Filing taxes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
Lat year I used a "Trial Tax Filing" thingy I found on some site, and it let me enter in all my stuff so I could see what kind of return I would get...anyone know if there is still a site that will do that? I tried searching for it, but I can't find anything yet...

Who does everybody go to/what program do you guys use to file with? It seems every time I file with TurboTax, I get shit back...but I don't really want to file with someone like H&R Block, because I don't think it's worth the $100 or so that they charge to do it...Just wanna see where everyone goes to do theirs...

i use the free ones for irs.gov and its easy for me because its the 10-40ez. besides that, i have no idea.

I used some random free site online that did it for free if you only had 1 W-2. I will have 3 this year and its going to take forever until I get all of the W-2's. But being a student should possibly help me with my taxes....

I've used Turbotax for the last 5 years. Really fast, cheap and they direct deposit. Works well for me. :)

I do mine the old fashion way....

1 pen
1 pencil
1 normal calculator
2-10 different forms
one envelope
one stamp

And fill in all my info on any tax form they have, and try to do the math, the form that has the bigger return gets slapped into the envelope...and I wait....either for a check....or for the cops to come arrest me.

But this year...should be good....I've paid nothing but interest on everything...like the house, student loans, and I've been paying an extra $20 a week into the tax system...plus I claim no dependants to my company...so the IRS rapes me...but when I file...I claim the wife....and I get something back. This year I hope to get something sweet back from the govn....just to dump it back onto the house or the cars.....and the wife wants a ring soon :ph34r:

Clayton you're missing out man, you should find a compy of taxcut (made by h&r block) it asks you everthing, you'd be surprised how many deductions you don't even think of, like sales tax on home improvments. etc...

I've been using it for many years.

This year I might spend the $150 and have someone do it for me....

I'm still waiting on all the paperwork crap to get to my house.... :cry:

I owe $6000 to the feds and $2000 to the state. Maybe this year I can pay it off alittle more. And that's the most I can hope for.

i do my own

i advise anyone with a simple return to visit irs.gov and check out their links
a lot of the places will file you for free...

if anyone needs help, or wants a deal let me know...
i can do it all online, and even email you your returns in pdf...

and i can leave your ssn blank and you can fill it in yourself after you print it if you're worried about "al" stealing your identity...

Back