Fires out West

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
It seems the whole left coast is on fire... The past 2 days here on the east coast, it's been hazy and there's a thickness to the air from the smoke blowing in. kinda crazy.

Do a rain dance or something...

119519335_3192297834201546_2741822950035365679_n[1].jpg

We got some rain yesterday. It didn't help the smoke unfortunately. I haven't gone outside for a while in 8 days. Kid and dog are stuck inside. We cancelled our trip to Walla Walla for wine drinking.

High humidity and cloud cover today/tomorrow. So hopefully the incoming thunderstorms don't cause more fires.

The fire here on the west side of washington was very close to where I live. Like we are 2 miles from where the evacuation zone is. Not too many houses got destroyed but many are damaged from purposefully flooding them, smoke, etc.

Washington/oregon is bad, but cali yikes. It's getting destroyed by the dry weather. Every year is a record. Then the rain will come and cause mudslides.

Have a cousin out near Santa Cruz that had to evacuate a couple weeks ago. They were able to move back home already so they were lucky.

I remember when I was a kid and California was gonna break off and fall into the ocean. At least that would put the fires out.

All kidding aside, I hope all of our West Coast HS'ers are safe and out of harms way.

Where I am (near Spring Valley/Bernard fires in Northern ID), the smoke has been thick over the past week. No fires nearby, thankfully.

i saw this morning a red flag warning for central MA.

it as been really really dry and starting to chill here.

I won't even touch my lawn right now due to the dust bowl. Can't wait for some rain.

Back