Getting modern warfare 2 this week!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have my fiber optic cable running from my surround sound to the tv.. i'm not using the AV cable so i dont have the plug in for it on my xbox

So wait, are you saying you pull the sound for your surround from the TV instead of the Xbox? Do you mute your TV then? Whenever I've had sound coming from both the TV and the surround I get reverb and dialogue sounds very "echoey"...

i usually turn my tv down if i use the surround sound .. but i rarely use it unless its for movies

you should be able to sync your tv with surround sound. i have my running to both. if i want to use surround, i can. if i want to use tv, that works. depends on if i'm home alone or not.

can anyone help me out..

can my pistons that came from a b18c1 block fit in a b18a1 block even if they were bot bored the same..

Yes, we can help you. But first, help yourself. Spend some time searching the forums here to see if someone has already answered your question. If not, then feel free to post, but do it in an APPROPRIATE PART OF THE FORUMS. This thread is for discussing VIDEO GAMES, not for asking tech questions. There's a bunch of other forums on these boards that would have been a more appropriate place for you to ask this question. I realize that you probably posted here because this particular thread is high traffic, but it's still not acceptable...

Last edited:
My 360 arrived to the repair facility on the 14th and they shipped it out this morning! It should be back in 7 days. Sooo much faster than I anticipated.

thats how my first one was... i got it back in 10 days, thats from when i shipped it to them too.. my second one took about 3 weeks give or take a day..

my first was a replacement.. so thats most likely what you got

Its just not physically possible for a componet cable to pass 1080p. is what im saying. The highest a componet cable can go to is 720p, if you want real true 100% 1080 you need hdmi.

Where are you getting this info? Maybe a regular component(single RCA video cable/RGB) won't pass 1080p, or even 720(I can't say for sure because I've used it only in 640x480 in another application, and it was blurry), but from what I've read it seems like YPbPr is capable of this. Though, I can't find concrete info on either. Resolution doesn't always determine quality either.

Last edited:
Where are you getting this info? Maybe a regular component(single RCA video cable/RGB) won't pass 1080p, or even 720(I can't say for sure because I've used it only in 640x480 in another application, and it was blurry), but from what I've read it seems like YPbPr is capable of this. Though, I can't find concrete info on either. Resolution doesn't always determine quality either.

I was under the impression that HD component cables can do 1080p as well, they just can't up-convert like an HDMI cable can...

I was under the impression that HD component cables can do 1080p as well, they just can't up-convert like an HDMI cable can...

I remember some super nerd telling me that but after further research it appears that component can carry 1080 but apparently a lot of companies (including the x box) make their devices where they wont send more than 720 out of the component connections.

so i was half right.

this is where i got the info. Someone correct me if i am wrong, im always willing to learn and take constructive critisism.
Component vs HDMI 1080i/p - AVS Forum

i fail :( haha i didnt read it all the way through just skimmed ...

That's alright. Happens to the best of us!

So anyway, so far I COMPLETELY suck at MW2 multiplayer. I mean it's really bad, almost to the point where it's not fun. I think I prefer CoD4's multiplayer. And I wouldn't even call myself good at CoD4, but I can at least average like 15 kills a game there. With MW2 it's more like 5-10 kills per game. I'll stick with it for a while, but ultimately this one might end up getting traded in.

It's really odd though, because I LOVE the campaign mode. I think that part of it is better then the first one... :shrug2:

It's really odd though, because I LOVE the campaign mode. I think that part of it is better then the first one... :shrug2:

Im ready for the next game just cause i want to know what the fudge is going to go down

Im ready for the next game just cause i want to know what the fudge is going to go down

Yeah, me too. Although I think that Treyarch is supposed to put out the next CoD game, so it will be a while until we see another Modern Warfare...

mw2 is rough. it caters VERY much to those of higher xp levels.

reach level 20, and you realize it's not that tough. you will average around 15 kills.

so, how is everyones accuracy? mine is 19.X% ..

Back