Getting modern warfare 2 this week!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bah, then you needed mw2 on that one. can't add you :(

Yeah, I know. :( It's a trade-off. The PS3 hasn't done me wrong yet, so I'll keep buying games for it until it does. If it dies on me then maybe I'll look into one of the newer 360s that are supposed to be better about the RROD...

Well I got into the campaign a little bit on my break from work (it's nice living less then a mile away!). Just went through the basic training and intro mission. I'm digging it so far. The graphics are NICE! Lot like the first one, but more refined. I'm thinking maybe I'll get into the campaign a little bit and get used to the new weapons before I bust out multiplayer...

thats the first thing i did was campaign... first i did it on hardened and got used to it.. then i beat it on veteran.. realized i didnt get any intel and went through it on easy to get those.. finished about half of special ops on veteran so far.. its just so damn hard

Yeah, I think that's the mistake I made on the first one. I just jumped into multiplayer without hitting up the campaign at all, and of course I got my ass handed to me for a LONG time before I got used to it...

I feel like an idiot. My Xbox 360 seemed blurry on my 25.5" monitor that's 1080p capable and 2ms response. I thought it was the Xbox/HDMI issue. I was looking into digital audio and, when looking up info on it, realized Xbox's have the switch on them for HDTV. Switched it on, bam, HD in 1080p. I'm so glad I didn't buy another Xbox.

MW2 looks so much more awesome now, but digital audio is next! Though, wish I had surround sound earphones. I'm using headphones(Sony MDR-V6), and hopefully the computer can make it sound better(with straight stereo, I have trouble locating sounds).

If you arent using an HDMI cable your only getting 720p and make sure you press the center button on your remote and go to your console settings and set it to 720p ...

if you havent done that yet do it! it gets even better-er

so the setting to true hd 1080p are in the console setting or is there a actual switch on the xbox

He's saying the regular AV cable with the HDTV switch works better as 720p rather than 1080p which works best with the HDMI cable.

im perty sure mine is set too, the switch part through me off lol

Just tried it, you may be right. It seems slightly sharper with 720p, but otherwise looks the same. Though, I didn't really look at it in much detail(just quick check). 1080p through AV cable still works though, but as stated above it seems with the AV cable anything over 720p doesn't offer an increase in performance. It says it in the console; something like Widescreen 1080p component.

There's a physical switch on the AV connector that goes onto the back of the Xbox(labeled HDTV and TV).

Last edited:
Its just not physically possible for a componet cable to pass 1080p. is what im saying. The highest a componet cable can go to is 720p, if you want real true 100% 1080 you need hdmi.

We had a big debate about that one day in one of my classes and thats what the super nerds were explaining to everyone.

that be said! 720p on my 19" lcd hdtv is just as good as 1080P on my 54" in my living room. :cool:

so the setting to true hd 1080p are in the console setting or is there a actual switch on the xbox

both, it took me a while to figure that out haha. Just because you switched your cable from "TV" to "HDTV" doesnt mean your done ... after that you have to go into console settings and set it to out put in HD.

Also if any one wanted to play COD in 5.1 surround (which they actually did a VERY GOOD job making it in surround) you have to buy a fiber optic connector and plug it into the back of the AV plug where the black flap is. and again go to the console settings and set it up to output in 5.1.

i have my fiber optic cable running from my surround sound to the tv.. i'm not using the AV cable so i dont have the plug in for it on my xbox

brutal you better be playin online today!

Back