H22 powerband

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

i know i dont have a prelude,accord,or h22..but i just wanted to know where is the powerband of an h22a2...where would the power start dropping off at??

it all depends on alot of factors....only a dyno can tell you...or a good guesstimate

good power comes in at 5k and drops off at redline.

With a good catback, you'll make power up to 8k. It'll drop off fast after that. The fuel cutoff is 7600, which means that is where your power will stop.

Originally posted by tab@Jun 15 2005, 05:14 PM
good power comes in at 5k and drops off at redline.

With a good catback, you'll make power up to 8k. It'll drop off fast after that. The fuel cutoff is 7600, which means that is where your power will stop.
[post=512647]Quoted post[/post]​

If upi fixed the fuel cut, can the h22 safley reev out to 8k stock?

Originally posted by UDT@Jun 15 2005, 07:26 PM
[post=512653]Quoted post[/post]​

What exactly are you trying to say here Jeff? :lol: Spelling ownes you.... :p

I'm gonna have to say :no: since Taylor just blew the the fucking accord up last weekend banging 2nd, 3rd, and 4th through 8 grand on the freeway. :( We haven't pulled it yet, but I think a rod went through the block.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jun 17 2005, 10:29 AM-->
@Jun 15 2005, 07:26 PM

I'm gonna have to say :no: since Taylor just blew the the fucking accord up last weekend banging 2nd, 3rd, and 4th through 8 grand on the freeway. :( We haven't pulled it yet, but I think a rod went through the block.
[post=513430]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds fun :)

yes you can rev a 22 to 8 with no prob. i have rev limit at 8500 but i still shift a 8. 85 is for neck and neck faces all the to forth gear in that case im holding it. however power falls off dramatically after 81

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jun 17 2005, 12:29 PM-->
Originally posted by UDT@Jun 15 2005, 07:26 PM

[post=513430]Quoted post[/post]​

I ABSOLUATELY DISAGREE!!!.... the H22 is more than capcable of reving well past 8k safely without spinning a rod or bearing or any kind of engine malfunction..ESPECIALLY if you enhance the fuel curve to allow more fuel at those high rpm's

my h22 redlines at 9400 althought to this day ive never brought it up that far i shift at about 8500 all day and even at 8500 the motor still feels like its creating more power but i also have a chipped ECU. i once brought it to 9000 in first and it was still creating power. people dont realize the amout of power this motor is capable of creating. ive heard rumors that the stock block can handle up to about 300 HP and if thats true i highly doubt that 8k reving is comparable to a 300 hp load!! :nuke: :nuke:

Calesta
@Feb 28 2005, 11:51 AM
:moved:

If you're only going to use it at the track, nitrous might be cheaper- but if you're going to be spraying all the time, the bottle fills will start catching up to you pretty quick. I would add a turbocharger. The stock block can handle 350whp without any problems.
[post=467123]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jun 23 2005, 12:08 PM

I ABSOLUATELY DISAGREE!!!.... the H22 is more than capcable of reving well past 8k safely without spinning a rod or bearing or any kind of engine malfunction..ESPECIALLY if you enhance the fuel curve to allow more fuel at those high rpm's

my h22 redlines at 9400 althought to this day ive never brought it up that far i shift at about 8500 all day and even at 8500 the motor still feels like its creating more power but i also have a chipped ECU. i once brought it to 9000 in first and it was still creating power. people dont realize the amout of power this motor is capable of creating. ive heard rumors that the stock block can handle up to about 300 HP and if thats true i highly doubt that 8k reving is comparable to a 300 hp load!! :nuke: :nuke:

[post=515638]Quoted post[/post]​

just because you can rev it that high doesn;t mean it makes power that high. I don;t think stock cams even have the ability to make power that high. I'm not sure what all mods you have, but if its just a chipped ecu then you are having false butt dyno expierences. Strap it on a dyno i bet it won;t make power past 8250 and it will probably die off before that

And the300hp load is totally different than an over rev situation. the 300hp load it comes down to the cylinder pressures and whatever is the weakest link is going to break (usually ringlands). In an over rev situation it comes down to parts fatigue ( usually valve springs which results in floating valves)

Taking a stock H22 up to 9 grand is asking for a broken engine. As mentioned above, it won't make any power much past 8200, mostly due to the cams.

Originally posted by hybridsol+Jun 23 2005, 01:32 PM-->
Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jun 23 2005, 12:08 PM

my h22 redlines at 9400 althought to this day ive never brought it up that far i shift at about 8500 all day and even at 8500 the motor still feels like its creating more power but i also have a chipped ECU. i once brought it to 9000 in first and it was still creating power. people dont realize the amout of power this motor is capable of creating. ive heard rumors that the stock block can handle up to about 300 HP and if thats true i highly doubt that 8k reving is comparable to a 300 hp load!!  :nuke:  :nuke:

[post=515638]Quoted post[/post]​

just because you can rev it that high doesn;t mean it makes power that high. I don;t think stock cams even have the ability to make power that high. I'm not sure what all mods you have, but if its just a chipped ecu then you are having false butt dyno expierences. Strap it on a dyno i bet it won;t make power past 8250 and it will probably die off before that

And the300hp load is totally different than an over rev situation. the 300hp load it comes down to the cylinder pressures and whatever is the weakest link is going to break (usually ringlands). In an over rev situation it comes down to parts fatigue ( usually valve springs which results in floating valves)
[post=515673]Quoted post[/post]​

dohcvtec_accord
@Jun 24 2005, 08:36 AM
Taking a stock H22 up to 9 grand is asking for a broken engine. As mentioned above, it won't make any power much past 8200, mostly due to the cams.
[post=515986]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: 1 and 2

You have a chipped h22 that redlines at 9400 and you think it makes power past 8500?

:bo:

Back