h22a in my 92 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stevieray22

O.K. - Sorry, didn't want to jump into anyone else's topic so just started a new one, and I hope these questions aren't redundant; I tried to read up as much as I could already - Tab seems to be the man on this subject, thanks already for the advice you've given other people. A lot of my questions were already answered.

I just bought a wrecked prelude with the h22a recently swapped into it - I'd hate to tell you how little I paid, I've already made some grown men cry - and I've got a very happy 92 accord drooling over the engine. I could probably figure these questions out on my own with time, but I'm gonna try to finish the swap on a Sunday at my shop so any help is appreciated --

-- I'm guessing that the prelude trans, a manual, is the better choice than my stock tranny, also a manual. Any pros or cons here?
-- If using the prelude tranny, will the axles from either car work in the setup?
-- Is there a good aftermarket cold air intake that will work with this swap?
-- I'm happy to be doing the swap already having the wiring harness and computer, any tips or tricks I might need to know setting that up?
-- I shouldn't expect any cooling problems with the stock accord radiator, should I?
-- Uhh, yeah that's it. And thanks again for any suggestions.

--  I'm guessing that the prelude trans, a manual, is the better choice than my stock tranny, also a manual. Any pros or cons here?
Prelude tranny would be slightly lower geared.  It might be LSD, but I wouldn't count on it.  I'd go Prelude tranny.
--  If using the prelude tranny, will the axles from either car work in the setup?
The axles are the same, but the halfshaft I believe needs to be the prelude one.  I'm not 100% but I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out.
  --  Is there a good aftermarket cold air intake that will work with this swap?
Any cold air intake for the Accord will work.  The Prelude throttle body is a little larger, and so tighter at the boot, but it's not an issue.  The cold air intake takes an hour or so to install, with the proper tools.  I'd save it for another day, and just make a ram air setup to get running.
  --  I'm happy to be doing the swap already having the wiring harness and      computer, any tips or tricks I might need to know setting that up?
Use the Accord harness, and modify it to fit.  Changing the wiring plugs at the firewall is unrealistic.  You lengthen some wires, and add a few more.  The best possible setup for you is to use a 92 Accord EX wiring harness.  The plugs are the same, and you'd already have IAB wired up to the firewall.
  --  I shouldn't expect any cooling problems with the stock accord radiator, should I?
Nope, not at all.  If your guage goes up, it usually means you have a leak or you popped your radiator.  The operating range is identical.
  --  Uhh, yeah that's it. And thanks again for any suggestions.
You betcha.  Drive through.

Back