h22a into 1990 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1990h22accord

Some 1 pleez help i dont now were to start i know it will swap but what do i need
always wanted to do but cant find the info

You have a lot of options, first a 200 hp H22a v-tec, some one help me w/ the proper Obd. Or for some extra cash you can get the Type-S (bad ass) which is 220 hp.

After you add HP, you gotta get some flow goin (exhaust/headers, intake) then I would probably beef up your suspension. Possibilities are infinite w/ the H22a, has good torque and there are plenty of after market parts available.

I don't think it will mount in there, and I don't know of anyone who sells a mount kit for it. The 1990 Accord is not a F series engine, it is an A20A3 and I'm pretty sure it is incompatible with the H/F series motors.

Nope, the 90-93 Accords were all powered by the F-series engines. A-series were carbuerated and didn't appear in the 90's in the Accords.

1990 is OBD0 for whoever asked. No such thing as an OBD0 H22 engine, you'd have to convert it or replace the full wiring harness. So yes, the 1990 is different from the 1993 as far as OBD compatibility, but not in terms of what would fit in there.

And yes the H22 will bolt up into the 90 Accord, the only thing is, you're gonna have to get the H22 spindles and axles and shit, its not just a simple chop and drop job, fuel lines will have to be extended and I'll get back to you on what else must be done......

Originally posted by inkrypted@Dec 20 2002, 09:36 PM
After you add HP, you gotta get some flow goin (exhaust/headers, intake) then I would probably beef up your suspension. Possibilities are infinite w/ the H22a, has good torque and there are plenty of after market parts available.

Uh H22a parts aren't as abundant as say a B series engines parts...they're out there though. Theres just less of them and they're more expensive.

It'll drop in there fine with a little work.
You don't need new engine mounts at all.
I have a 90 accord with an h22a swap and an auto to manual conversion.

Originally posted by HondaISLife@Jan 1 2003, 05:08 AM
I'll get back to you on what else must be done......

I also just found out today the H22 downpipe will not extend all the way to the rest of the f22 exhaust..

You don't need new axles either. It's not as easy as an H22 into a 5th gen but it's still pretty damn simple, comparatively.

Back