H22a issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

primeredseol

I have a 92 si hb with an H22a swap in it. I used the USDM intake manifold with the EGR and all. (i'm trying to BAR the motor in california.)

So i finally got finished rebuilding the motor, installed it and finished up the wiring. Heres where i'm having troubles; The motor was running very rough, so i took out the spark plugs. Cylinders 1 and 4 were dirty and 2 and 3 were spotless after about 20 minutes or less of idling. My buddy and i began trouble shooting and came to the conclusion that the injectors arent actuating for some unknown reason. I know its not spark because i tried 2 different distributors, 2 different sets of spark plug wires, and pulled the wires out while the engine was on and you can hear cylinders 2 and 3 arcing in the galleys. I thought it might be the injectors, so we tested them all and they show 4.3ohms. So we then tested the connectors for the injectors. One side of the plug on each injector clip reads 12.18 volts, while the other side reads 0.01 volts. All readings were taken with the engine off and ignition turned to the ON position. Since i did all the harness wiring myself, i figured i might have mis-wired injectors 2 and 3, so i swapped the injector clips but had no success getting cylinders 2 and 3 to fire. I even swapped out ECUs and still am having no luck getting cylinders 2 and 3 to fire. Any suggestions or ideas of what my issue could be?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

what ECU r u running and did you get the correct wires coming in threw the fire wall to the injectors from the ecu? sounds to me like there not in the right place

I am running a P13 ecu, and yes i used a stock civic harness and rewired then injectors for the peak and hold resistor. I guess im going to start tearing out the injector part of my harness.

an update, i checked the continuity of the injector wiring and everything was okay. So i went ahead and swapped out injectors 2 and 3 again. started the car up and whammo, it runs on all 4 cylinders now. I guess i have some bad injectors that need to be tossed in the trash.

I am running a P13 ecu, and yes i used a stock civic harness and rewired then injectors for the peak and hold resistor. I guess im going to start tearing out the injector part of my harness.

My question is why did you do this? The stock H22A from any year are Hi Impedance injectors... beleive they are a 290cc saturated injector vs the other H23 injectors which are 240 peak hold... bit lost as why you did that as the P13 is programmed for the Saturated and the p14 is peak and hold

My question is why did you do this? The stock H22A from any year are Hi Impedance injectors... beleive they are a 290cc saturated injector vs the other H23 injectors which are 240 peak hold... bit lost as why you did that as the P13 is programmed for the Saturated and the p14 is peak and hold

1992-96 Prelude non-vtec Peak and hold 240cc
1992-96 Prelude VTEC (H22a) Peak and hold 345cc
1997-up Prelude VTEC (H22a4) Saturated 280cc

1990-1997 Accord USDM F22A1-6 - F22B1-2 Non VTEC & VTEC Peak and hold 240cc

this is why.

Back