Handy Bros, Help Me Out!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You could also use grip tape on the bottom side. Then do a kick flip. I have a friend who drives to Michigan weekly from Ohio. He tells me I haven't seen shit for bad roads till I've been there. He busted a rim on I believe the Jefferson bridge? On a brand new rental Maxima, on a hole that went all the way through the bridge. to the water.

Yes, the roads here are epically bad. It's amazing crossing in to Ohio how the road instantly becomes much, much smoother. My shitty DD Civic has tiny wheels with fat, lumpy tires, so it's actually not too bad. I have to be super careful in my RSX though.

That Jefferson Bridge is actually a historic architectural landmark. It's one of the few surviving examples of pony truss bridges, and the only example in Michigan I believe.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that hole actually existed. The bridge is under Detroit's care, and they fuck everything up.

My idea is cheap and quick.

Couldn't you connect 2x6's together with a metal strap and some 1.25" screws on the underside? Heck....cheap and flimsy plumber's tape might be enough but I was thinking of a thicker gauge. I'm thinking (while car is rolling on the 2x6's) the force to push them apart won't be nearly as much as the force pushing down. But I'm no physicist.

May be able to make something out of 3/4" plywood with 2x4 underneath for support. But I'm a little skeptical on its rigidity.

Or connect 2x6's (underside again) with those metal mesh plates that are hammered in (they connect studs in house frames)? I don't know what they're called.

Check out a company called Simpson. They sell all types of ties and straps. Sold at most hardware stores too.

The name of this thread is poorly worded btw :ph34r:

My idea is cheap and quick.

Couldn't you connect 2x6's together with a metal strap and some 1.25" screws on the underside? Heck....cheap and flimsy plumber's tape might be enough but I was thinking of a thicker gauge. I'm thinking (while car is rolling on the 2x6's) the force to push them apart won't be nearly as much as the force pushing down. But I'm no physicist.

May be able to make something out of 3/4" plywood with 2x4 underneath for support. But I'm a little skeptical on its rigidity.

Or connect 2x6's (underside again) with those metal mesh plates that are hammered in (they connect studs in house frames)? I don't know what they're called.

Check out a company called Simpson. They sell all types of ties and straps. Sold at most hardware stores too.

Yeah, I thought of those metal brackets that you hammer in, actually. I'll look in to Simpson's. Thanks!

Back