head gasket leak?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiajiexue

i have a little oil between the head and block, not badm it's wet, not dripping or anything. also theres somekinda oil drit mixed around the header on the motor.
i just fixed the cam seal leak three weeks ago.
i check the water some rust in the water, but no oil. car runs hard. it has metal head gasket.
could it be blown head glasket?

here is some picture of it, the second picture the first header pipe, right next to the transmission

Attachments

• SSPX0352.jpg
    SSPX0352.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 228
  • SSPX0351.jpg
    SSPX0351.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 331
  • SSPX0353.jpg
    SSPX0353.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 242
Well none of thoes pictures are of where the head gasket is, so I can't answer that quastion. It looks like you might be leaking from the valve cover gasket. It is an easy fix and a common problem. Get a new gasket, and some liquid gasket for where the cover goes over the cam caps.

A few months ago I had a leaky vtec solenoid gasket. At first the leak looked like it was coming from the head gasket, but I traced it up to the solenoid gasket. Check that too.

ij, thx, hbut the thing is i already fix the cam seal leak. still could be the vtec solenoid gasket?

have you replaced your head gasket b4 cause if you have you might of needed to resurface your heads it might not be perfectly flat

Back