header question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Recently I purchased a 2 - piece header for my civic, here's where my question lies, when I went to get all the necessary gaskets I ran into a problem. Where the two pieces of the header come together I was under the impression I needed a regular gasket, but when I couldn't find one anywhere I called the dealer to see if they knew what I was talking about/ had it in stock. Well the gaskets they gave me 2 small metal rings and told me that they go inbetween the 2 pieces of the header, but yesterday when I installed the header I put the rings where they were supposed to go, but now with the pieces tightened as much as I could possibly tighten them, there is a small gap inbetween the two pieces, I used gasket sealent and sealed it as best as I could. My question is, do the gaskets I used sound like the right type as well as is there anything i could have done that i didn't.

I bought the header used off of ebay and have no idea the brand name, except I know its NOT an ss autochrome. The gaskets didn't look right from the beginning but the dealer told me they were the right one, but it was some dousche behind the parts counter that didn't know an exhaust manifold from a hole in the ground so who knows. When I took the stock manifold off and apart it didn't have any type of gasket where the two pieces came together so I dunno what to do, I figure in the end if I have to take the header back apart and just use gasket sealer and seal the edge.

umm... going to a parts store for aftermarket gaskets is probably the probelm.

the oem manifold and the aftermarketone are probably way different.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2005, 01:18 PM
umm... going to a parts store for aftermarket gaskets is probably the probelm.

the oem manifold and the aftermarketone are probably way different.
[post=515302]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, B is right.

The gasket you are looking for is a sandwhich(sp?) type gasket. When I had a 4-2-1 header only one shop in my area could get it...it was like $12-15. The million of shops out here said they could only get it with the header. If no shops in your area can get it for you, I can get it from the shop near me and just PayPal me the money.

Is it for a D Series or B Series header?

Back