Heads....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, the different heads must have different port volumes and valve sizes right? Does anyone know where this info is? How many cfm does a stock port flow? i know how these things affect performance, and i am looking for background to start my first project. I am looking at B series motors. throw me a frickin bone here.

if there is another post, post me a link! i couldnt find one.

ok, the way this project is starting to shape up is as follows. I plan on selling my 1972 cutlass S which i have driven since i was 17. I have ported heads, big cam, headers, custom exhaust, with a 3.42 posi (LSD) rear end. It has less than 75000 original miles, and i am yet to lose a race. Victims include several SC400's, a 2001 Lightning, a supra, and a new body style corvette. I believe it is deep into the 13's with a small block, in a car weighing over 3500 lbs. In my dreams i will get $4000 for it (needs paint) so i figure my budget will be 3500 plus or minus. I have found several local civics for less than 2 grand, i want a 92, or maybe an earlier hatch, but i have heard that a GSR swap in an older car is a hassle. I plan on going with a B18, as i was NOT impressed by the guy in Pasco with the 1994 hatch sporting a JDM B16. (This guy had vtec controllers, and fuel curve thingies coming out the dash, and was considering forced induction) I plan on porting the head before the engine is installed, and eventually i want to upgrade the cams. I do not see myself boosting the car, I do plan on squeezing a small shot (50-100). I like how nitrous adds power without moving the powerband toward the top end like forced induction does. Does this sound like a good plan? Am I going to need expensive electronics to manage my project's A/F needs? I am building the engine, and testing cams on Dyno 2000, so the more information i can get about port flow, and valve sizes the more accurate the testing will be.

Administrators? Does ANYONE know the specs i'm looking for?

Originally posted by onefastcivic@Dec 23 2002, 11:23 AM
why dont you just port poslish and a valve job and then just replace all internals and you will be inpressed

I think he wants a little more precision than that!

That specs page on Mr. Bone's site looks pretty good... and he's a pretty reputable source of information. I don't know the head specs, but at the very least- that's a good start.

You could try contacting some place like Gude or Dan Paramore,who do head work and ask them.Jean at unorthodox had alot of info on head specs to when I spoke with him.I've checked the websites and couldn't find any thing but if you e-mail or call them I'm sure they would share that with you.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2002, 02:36 PM
pissedoffsol - portflow is the shit. Bill Gude can eat my left nut :p

92b16vx - You could try contacting some place like Gude or Dan Paramore,who do head work and ask them.Jean at unorthodox had alot of info on head specs to when I spoke with him.I've checked the websites and couldn't find any thing but if you e-mail or call them I'm sure they would share that with you.

pissedoffsol - :withstupid: :werd:

92b16vx - dan parramore licks balls and can't machine a head or do good block work if his life depended on it hahahahaa, he got lucky when he built my homie mike's integra from lucky racing... he's messed up so many people cars, thats why he's nowhere to be seen in so cal cause everybody who had work done by him either blew their motor completely or had constant problems :p

I'd like you to find anywhere in there where I atest to the quality of their work.I only said that they would have the information he is looking for. :spin:

Back