HELP? B15 -> B16 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GermanCivic

Hi! :)
SORRY! I men the 1992-1995 engines! B15 and B16 I think.!!
I have a Civic with 1.5l 90HP and got a 1.6l 125HP Vtec engine with transmission + Ecu ! Now my question, can i swap the motor 1:1 ? What do I need new? Or can i deduce those 2 machines?
Thx for all information!!

Felix from germany :lol:

The Full swap should not be too tough. I assume you are talking about D series nonVTEC to Dseries VTEC.

the only thing that will realy be tough (and it is fairly simple) you will have to wire for VTEC.

screw that, why does everyone wire? Just get the proper harness for the engine. It eliminates most wiring

Why spend many hours to swap harnesses when it takes under 2 hours to change all the wires that you need to change.

umm, swapping a harness with the motor in the car takes only a few hours. When the motor is out of the car it take almost no time at all.

MOTOR harness is easy- the DASH is not- and guess where the VTEC wires lie-- in both. have fun re-wiring your dome light, your radio, your CEL, your spedo lighs, your glove box light, blah blah, or add 3 wires.
your choice.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 12:32 AM
MOTOR harness is easy- the DASH is not- and guess where the VTEC wires lie-- in both. have fun re-wiring your dome light, your radio, your CEL, your spedo lighs, your glove box light, blah blah, or add 3 wires.
your choice.

I have no idea witch is the better way, but I'm going with this sales speach...... :werd:

Hi thanks for your informations, has anyone a guide which cables i have to change? I thought about buying the proper harness..
thx!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 01:32 AM
your choice.

ok, run the dash wires buy the engine harness, I don't trrust running to many wires under the hood, theres a lot going on in there tempature and vibration wise and things can come loose

Back