Help!!!! B16a problems....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sooboss

Okay I am having problems with my car 1991 HB.. I have a b16a swap.. First off I am not throwing codes. My car wont start after work.. The reason i say this is because when I leave it overnight it starts right up the next morning, but after work it don't.. Is it because of the temperature. Its usually cooler at night and my car starts right up. When I mean it don't start the motor turns. But it seems like its not getting gas. I tested to see if I was getting spark and I am. I changed my Temp. sensor. Checked all fluids, vacuum lines, sensor connections, and battery connection.
The funny thing is I have no smoke of any kind coming out my exhaust.
But when I get it started it runs fine. 100% fine it doesn't sputter or jerk. It idles at 400rpm. But when it starts from a cold start there is a delay on throttle response. but when it warms up. response is normal. But its just when I leave it during the day for 8hrs. but at night for 10--9hrs???????? Its seems when its warm that's when I start my car up no problem one turn of the key and its on....This started couple of months ago. and is gradually taking up to 8-7 turns of the key. the day before I couldn't get it started till few hours later...My swap was done In Feb of this year. and started with no codes or problems till now...
Could the O2 sensor be the cause? Could it be the fuel pump? What other sensor would cause this? Is it even a sensor?
Help..

I had a similar problem on an Si that I worked on. It was the ECU. It wasnt sending signal to the injectors correctly. Also ive had the plug not in all the way to the injectors. Im not sure about why it would or wouldnt work as far as the temperature goes. I would reset ur ecu, and check those connections and see if that is possible the problem. Maybe check your Fuel Pressure Reg, and senor on the intake manifold.

So, it hard to start when hot ? or cold ?
When it started, is it run normal ?
If so, then check your Main Relay. Sometimes things happened coincident.

Back