HELP!!! bad mpg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akronboy89

ok i got a 89 civic hatch it has the stock motor and a 4 speed trans. it has a header and a full catback and im only getting like 200 to a tank. on my ecu im getting 1 flash then 17 after the pause and dont no what that is. i do get a check engine light when i drive slow for some reason some one help

Code 1 is O2 sensor and 17 isnt a valid code, its for VSS, your VSS is cable operated, so it may be 10 and 7 which is IAT sensor and TPS sensor. All these controll fuel it my be one or combonation of all three. Start out with a new O2 and see what that does for you. Then the IAT sensor as the TPS sensors very rarely go out.

im going to buy a new o2 tomorrow but dont no what one is better they got a bosch and a ngk i think the ngk would be. and efhondakid what kind of car do u have?

im going to buy a new o2 tomorrow but dont no what one is better they got a bosch and a ngk i think the ngk would be. and efhondakid what kind of car do u have?

Not really going to make a difference whch one you go with, they both will do the same thing. 89' DX with a JDM B16.

No need for rep. I just know how to use our reference section, if I had a nickel for everytime Ive used the ECU code list, well Id have quite a few nickels.:D

I've had such a shit day that I didn't even think of checking there. :(

i was just down in canton over the weekend looking at a ef hatch with a b16 and a stock one just though it might of been u haha. and im on my phone its hard to do some stuff on this site

Code 1 is O2 sensor and 17 isnt a valid code, its for VSS, your VSS is cable operated, so it may be 10 and 7 which is IAT sensor and TPS sensor. All these controll fuel it my be one or combonation of all three. Start out with a new O2 and see what that does for you. Then the IAT sensor as the TPS sensors very rarely go out.

How is code 17 for vss not a valid code. if you unplug the cable from the trans you will get this code. the speedometer will no longer function and the ecu won't receive a vss pulse from the gauge cluster.

I've been getting really shitty mpg lately too... sucks :/

i was just down in canton over the weekend looking at a ef hatch with a b16 and a stock one just though it might of been u haha. and im on my phone its hard to do some stuff on this site

Wouldnt happen to be Dustins would it, red with body kit, black front bumper?

Back