Here we go again.... ditching the genesis.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my biggest gripe with the truck is the seats. they hurt my back after 15 min in the thing....

We have a group at work that benchmarks other cars. Apparently the Genny is in the top 5 biggest POS's that they have tested in the past few years. Granted, these aren't performance metrics, but things like build quality, durability, etc. It's funny because the Genny sedan is really good. Porsche stuff tests really well. Get a 996. They are as cheap as they will ever be.

I'd prefer a Dakota over a Ranger or S10 any day.
I guess. But it IS a truck. You know it's made to haul your crap, not get stuck in the snow, and get you from A to B when you buy it.
Which is precisely why if I buy another truck it is going to be a tacoma

i have a tacoma and a car
if i get sick of the autotragic i drive the manual truck for a week
variety is the spice of life, and sometimes its helpful to change things up so you don't get stuck in a rut

I never will understand the "fun dd" complaint. How the fuck do you drive every day? How much fun can you possibly have on a commute to work?

I know people who became much happier when they realized they can have a cheap commuter that can get door dings, rock chips, etc and still have a fun car at home in the garage.

i've had no real problem doing both with the same car. just have to realize when enough is enough. and that good things will eventually deteriorate and need replacement.

You can do both. But having a cheap beater that you own outright is pretty damn nice lol.

naw, i decided a while ago that i will not own one at least at this stage in my life and current city environment. i don't have the maturity yet. i will die on it. therefore, i stay the F off it.

You will probably get hit on 84 or rt 6. I live on a state route and see so many near misses. Everyones eyes are looking at their goddamn phones.

I LIKE to drive.
90% of my weekly driving is commute time.

Therefore, having a fun DD is a must.

Right, I get that. Most of my driving is commute too. But, how can any car be more fun then another in traffic?

Right, I get that. Most of my driving is commute too. But, how can any car be more fun then another in traffic?
This. I REALLY wanted another S2000, but I live in Austin, which, according to forbes, is the 4th most traffic congested city in the US (behind LA, San Fran, and Honolulu)...that being the case I got an automatic civic, and after sitting in road construction for an hour on the way home, 50 miles into my 80 mile, 1 way commute, I was very glad that I made that decision.

I love to drive just like most everyone on this board, but sometimes practicality beats out passion, and now I'll probably just wait until some other fun sports car comes along (Turbo FRS maybe?) and I'll just buy that to take out on weekends.

This is the internet, home of the "who gives a shit if your feelings get hurt, im gonna shoot you straight if you ask for advice" folks, and sadly the right answer to your question is to buy an accord or camry...or if you really wanna go nuts, another scubby.

Werd. My friend loved his WRX. But even that wasn't practical enough so he got a Legacy. Still fun, but more of a nice DD. Win.

hey guy,

1277021_513879138698764_1490038496_o.jpg

$300 and in MA for the set. Interested?

I LIKE to drive.
90% of my weekly driving is commute time.

Therefore, having a fun DD is a must.

I think the point is that it's not fun to commute, so how does any car make that experience fun? Speeding from stop light to stop light? Riding someone's bumper and testing your stopping distance? Worrying about if a cop is going to pick you off?

In my eyes, the only thing that could make commuting fun is a car that makes you feel like you aren't commuting. Heated seats. Cooling seats. Bluetooth commands. Streaming podcasts or hooked up to satelite radio. Keyless entry. Lighted door handles. Back up sensors. Perhaps a rub and tug machine or maybe just windshield wiper sprayers that are turned to the side to spray that dbag next to you that is ruining your commute.

Hah. I have all that stuff... except lighted handled and a tugbox. and the sprayers (but that can be fixed for like a buck)

How are the tires? are they even included? very interested.

I honestly don't hit a lot of traffic on my commute... Only when there's a wreck. Otherwise, it's pretty clear sailing for me. I usually do 80 most the way without much issue

Most the time, the radio is off. I'm driving for the love of driving. If I wanted to be in a living room in a lazboy, I would have bought a cadalac

Last edited:
i said they are not included... $300 for all 4 wheels where buying just one would be $300. not a bad deal at all.

Back