Hf To Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this swap should be pretty dope when you finish.... I just did an MPFI swap on my dx and the gains were awesome... here are some thoughts i had on this after reading this post...
The DX and si heads are the same, but the valve trains are different, so if you run a si cam on your HF motor you will need an adjustable cam gear to run (that is what i was told if i were to run a si cam on my dx almost positive it is the same on the HF). If i were you i would think about swapping the tranny out on the HF... I did not swap over to an SI tranny because the si 5th gear would have me revving higher than 4K at 80mph...
this swap is pretty much the same thing as this:
https://hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=52
and i have heard that the dx or si heads do not clear and a taller head gasket is needed, but i cannot confirm that and would love to hear from someone who has done this swap if they know about that. anyways good luck man...
you will think you have a new car, when you finish...

head gasket is not the problem with this swap. your problem is going to be in the pistons. you'll be running a 16 valve head with 8 valve pistons (contact will occur). you need either the si or dx pistons to go with it.

Back