Hi I've been gone a while

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welcome back, nootrac! good to hear all of the news, sans the work pc crap. :D

what do you mean 'back into your house' - where you been livin? i thought *that* was your house coz you were doing all that work on it. also, have fun on the date!

:thumbsup:
recked had it right. Once I got custody of my son I had to learn how to be the parent, and a single parent at that. Most of the time I was the bread winner and my ex took care of my son. I worked all the time to keep the ship afloat So I had a lot to learn. Also I was considering selling when she took off cause at my previous job as a forklift drive it took to incomes to afford to live. When I took the job as a supply tech it came with an $8+/hr raise, so now I can afford it all.

he's been living with the rents
he was rehab'ing his house

and definately good luck on your date
ttiwwop

does the divorce being finalized have anything to do with you moving into the house now? or just coinsidence?
The divorce is more coinsindence then anything, but it is one less thing that I have to stress over. The bigger factor, which the divorce was nessicary for, is the refi which takes place next week. My rate goes from ~8.65% to ~6.6% and I'm getting an escrow account. The current mortgage goes from P&I only of $544.43 a month to $600-605 a moth with taxes

i have my own opinions of "attention deficit disorders" and the medicinal "treatment" of them based on my own personal history, as well as the experiences of friends who were also "diagnosed" and "treated"

i feel it is best for me to leave my opinions out of this thread

so im just gunna stay out of this one
I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way about it as you do, untill this happend with my son. I never would have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes (the diffrence between my son with and without medication). He was going to a counsler for 2 years and I knew there were some issues there (hell anybody would have issues going through the shit he went through). The counsler knew that medication was my last resort, but the behaviour modification wasn't working. To the point that I almost had to remove him from daycare, and not some crappy lil mom and pop daycare, this was on a military instalation with trained professionals and federal guidlines to maintain.

Thanks to everyone for there imput and support. If your oppinion differs from mine feel free to post up. I don't claim to know it all and like to have diffrent perspectives on things!:thumbsup:

i understand that under the circumstances and with the stress the child has been dealing with the meds will work to get things under control quickly... i have no issues with the use of meds as a temporary crutch to help get through a tough time... but please do not use them as a lifestyle... look into finding the actual triggers that are causing the child's behavior... address them and work toward getting the child off of the meds as soon as possible
i know its hard to raise a child on your own (i watched my mom do it, and am currently watching friends do it) stay strong, be a possitive influence, and keep the kid pointed in the right direction... they are going to fuck up... we all did... its part of growing up

best of luck to you :thumbsup:

thanks.

Also if anyone is in the area feel free to stop by. Kinda like an official HS flop house.

Update:

My son climbed in bed with me 5am, not feeling well. I was at walmart by 6am, couldn't find my thermomiter and needed some tylenol. He had a fever of 102. The tylenol is working, but had to cancel my date. We were taking the kids (her son is 5) to a local park they have pools and water slides there. Then we were gonna bbq at the park and then take the kids to a movie. I'm glad my lil guy is ok, but bumed about the date. I've been waiting 3 weeks. Oh well next week is her sons bday party, I'm invited. I kinda (and so did she) want to do something before then so we could be a lil more comfortable hanging out and the kids would get to know eachother. Our first psudo date and it will be her sons party, and I'm sure that there will be a lot of family there.

Get a sitter for the kids and go out to dinner one night during the week.
That's gonna happen. My birthday is coming up soon, so I will ask her then. It's nice that we have so much in common, she understands what being a single parent is. It also means that most of our time is occupied.

Back