High touque H22- what do you think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djneo

Well here is the thing, I just got my JDM H22, and in the process of deciding what to do to it before dropping it into my Accord ran into this idea. I've read about this, and talked to the guys that have done this, and just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone else thinks

Dropping the Mahle oversized pistons (.25mm) in the block
Adding a set of bigger cams (probably crower)
bigger intake and exhaust ( 3" exhaust)
bigger injectors
Of course a Hondata S300

From what I have read, and the people I have talked to they assure me that this is good for at least 210 whp. The reason I am leaning toward this is because my CB7 is a daily driver, and going NA would seem the safest route to take at this time.

Please lemme know what you think

yeah probably pretty close. if you get a fat cam might wanna up the CR for best results. and personally, i think crome is more effective than hondata.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah probably pretty close. if you get a fat cam might wanna up the CR for best results. and personally, i think crome is more effective than hondata.
:werd:

Also, I would rethink the size of your exhaust. Mandrel bent 2.5" will provide better exhaust velocity, and cylinder scavenging.

If you plan to turbo later, then go 3".

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

Also, I would rethink the size of your exhaust. Mandrel bent 2.5" will provide better exhaust velocity, and cylinder scavenging.

If you plan to turbo later, then go 3".

I agree on the 2.5in exhaust, but have to disagree on the crome :p . i may be biased :mrgreen:

there's an article about this in the april 2006 honda tuning magazine. i tried to find it on the site, but they haven't released it yet. it's called "old school power." they put in mahle hi-comp pistons, bigger cams, a 4-1 header with a three inch collector, and they tried to put in a new intake manifold to, but it wouldn't fit. i think the results were 210 whp, but they thought they could get more power, maybe even 230 with a better intake manifold and a 3 inch exhaust...... is that article where you got the idea?

*EDIT: i almost forgot, they clayed the motor and had to make relief cuts for the valves. they said that mahle would start making the same relief cuts in all there new pistons, but there is a lot of old stock out there without the cuts. i don't know if they're gonna recall the pistons or not. but if you get the mahle pistons, be careful where you get them from, and make sure they are new.

Back