Honda CX hatch B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mk6BHatch

To be honest this is going to be my first motor swap and I have lots to learn. Starting from the basics I pulled my lawnmower motor out of my tin can and was hoping i could clean the carb if you know what I mean but ended up needing a valve job a decking…. Easy answer no. My buddy got this B18b1 with two heads, little knowledge on the engine, but what’s known is it was in a boosted Honda. I have a Nissan turbo and an intercooler and two car brains ecu. Now I’m going to make a list tonight on what I have available and what I need I’m guessing I can use stock fan and radiator, what am I gonna need (engine mounts, wiring, etc…) I’ll post pictures of the motor and vehicle. As any enthusiast I probably am too optimistic but I’m gonna take a whack at it
738524A0-1D6D-43D4-8EAC-065F8E3B310A.jpeg

4A6E6393-9936-473B-92DD-8E1061D28DD9.jpeg

365596B1-2852-4E4D-8FEC-432A6012CD4B.jpeg

a b18b into a cx is pretty easy. the only real change is the 1 wire to 4 wire o2 sensor (check the articles section for info on that)

Otherwise, yeah, just use your car's harness and the b-series mounts and linkage. an obd1 p75 ecu will plug right in and fire it up

a b18b into a cx is pretty easy. the only real change is the 1 wire to 4 wire o2 sensor (check the articles section for info on that)

Otherwise, yeah, just use your car's harness and the b-series mounts and linkage. an obd1 p75 ecu will plug right in and fire it up
Now I have a question I’ve seen things on dseires adapter plates now is that adaption going to be a bitch I’ve read a little bit on the forum about it but it was little

pretty easy swap ! Welcome to Honda-Swap looks like will be a sweet ride
Now I have a question I’ve seen things on dseires adapter plates now is that adaption going to be a bitch I’ve read a little bit on the forum about it but it was little

no, that's only needed if you want to use a d-series tranny on a b-series block. if you're doing the full swap, you don't need it. and frankly, you shouldn't use the cx tranny.

Back