Hood isn't fitting HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Da1nonly0015

I have a del sol with a ls vtec and I just bought a VIS evo hood. My problem is the hood will not close because of the valve cover. The motor sticks up to high. I am trying to rule out the fact of cutting the crap out of a $600 hood if possible. If I switched my motor mounts from integra to civic Si or something else would that possible lower my motor by about half an inch or is this possible. I have seen plenty of other sol's with GSR/ LS Vtec with after market hoods and thay fit fine, So why the hell isn't mine fitting. Any sugestions or answers would be great. If you have the same swap or a GSR swap, what mounts did you guys use? and do you have aftermarket hoods?

I never actually had a stock hood, I bought it with a OEM Cf hood, It did close and didn't look like it was hitting on anything but it was bowed up some on the driver side (same side I am having troubles now) I bought a Invader hood and it hit on the valve cover, notched and shaved it and still didn't fit, I think it was Screwed up from the mold (damn fiberglass products) so I got rid of it and now have the VIS EVO and damnit is is a sweet hood and I am going to MAKE it fit one way or another.

I have the same problem. I just did an engine swap from the d15 non vtec to a d15 vtec. the hood closed fine when the stock motor was in their. When i get in it (gas) the hood like to pop itself just as if you pulled the release button. I dont know if the motor is actually hitting te hood when the rpms raise from the movement but i think i might need to change the mounts or shave the inside of the hood around the valve cover.

Back