how much boost can I run on my F22B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordian

I was thinking of either buying a turbo kit ($2,800-$3,600) WICKED EXPENSIVE! or building my own turbo set up, It's a 94 accord ex that has a F22B in it, It's my everyday driver but I like fast too, whats a safe boost level? It's at 150hp what could I expect after turboing it and setting at a safe boost level. I was thinking 200? Whats the best way to go about this? does anyone know of any cheap kits?

psi is a number, nothing more.

power breaks parts, not pressure measured at the map sensor of air not getting in....

I'd like to have my car running at around 180-210 hp. 180hp is fine with me, it's a lot more than the 150 I have now. I was thinking Log style manifold, T3/T4 and then as far as management, chip my ecu and use hondata. Will I need any other upgrades/changes? injectors?

So to boost my car, it's going to take like $3,000? that sucks

94 has the 0-00-0 exhaust pattern right? If thats so you cant do the DSM ghettofab on that motor. You can prolly piece together a kit for half the price but it will require a bunch of metal fab on your part and tuning it yourself. Good Luck :)

T3/T4E turbo @14psi will do the trick ;) A guy on Honda-tech is running the same setup and made 300ish WHP at 14.5psi. He claims to daily drive it like that so with the right tune I would assume it will hold up.

^^^ that would be bigdaddyvtec and a friend of mine and i also have the same set-up as he does need any help email me a Gen4acclude@yahoo.com or come on over to Homemadeturbo.com and become a big dog ;) look for gen4acclude there

I like the people here, they all good have a good sense of humor and plenty of knowledge, thanks for the offer though.

i wouldnt run more than 8 pds boost on a stock engine, although i have heard of people running up to 10 but i wouldnt do it... the only way to know for sure how much hp u will get out of a turbo is going to a dyno, this will give u exact numbers..

Back