How much money have you put into your car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't want to know what I put into my 90 crx si. I still refuse to crunch even the rough numbers on it. It is completely retarded and I refuse to acknowledge such reality.

I say if it makes you happen and you enjoy it then I do not have a problem spending money on it. But that comes to a point where I would rather had a roof over my head and some food to eat than have a badass car.

Whatever the cost of the shit thats in my sig is what I've put into it, not including the maintenance or what I haven't installed in it yet (coilovers, shifter, IM, etc).

I dunno, its probably right around 2,000 ish.

Not bad, Its not anywhere near out of control yet.

I bought a 92 hatch for $2200, put $4300 into it ($6500 total), and sold it for $3400 in a span of about 8 months.

Hey you made out alright for just testing the waters!

$40 to 50k (ongoing sickness since 01)

Well sir, Hats off to you because were spending chump change compared to that! Do you actually drive the car or just hide it and break it out on those really nice days?

I don't want to know what I put into my 90 crx si. I still refuse to crunch even the rough numbers on it. It is completely retarded and I refuse to acknowledge such reality.

Denial is the first step to building a sick ride!

But that comes to a point where I would rather had a roof over my head and some food to eat than have a badass car.

Thats where im at with this, If its not routine maintenance from here my car is getting sold!

I know what your saying there. Most the cash that goes into the car is from side jobs. But my house is paid off thank god.

The car is driven to all shows, cub scouts, soccer, and work, but no snow this year. Why own it if you dont drive it?

Not bad, Its not anywhere near out of control yet.

There won't be a yet. I'm pretty much done caring. When I need new tires or new brakes I'll most replace it with the same 'performance' stuff I already have but thats about it.

well regretably, im at around 25k including the price of the car
-b16 swap
-$2500 for engine
-$1500 install
-$250 for custom swap mounts
-$175 for frogger ecu adapter
-$150 for obd2a ecu
-$450 for twin plate clutch and 7lbs chromoly flywheel
-$300 for clutch install
-drilled and slotted rotors,semi organic pads($500)
-two differant exausts ($380)
-jasma s/s headers ($100)
-vtec oil pressure switch ($80 and i didnt even need it!!!)
-cold air intake ($50)
-limo tint on all 7 windows ($450)
-various paint work under hood, inside car, and on rim ($200)
-price of car ($18000)
-fines, impoundments and letter of apology to the town of osooyoos for driving alittle too fast on thier main street, (priceless)

I've put $15,000 into my car counting the cost of the thing. I could have a decent down payment on a house with that money. Eh, fuck it. I've had a blast with this car, learned a ton, and who knows I would have found some other way to spend it.

I havn't sunk more than a couple hundred bucks into it (header) since the s/c install a year and a half ago. 10k miles later it will spank most cars on the road, and does so reliably.

lmao thats can-A-da for you.
wow seeing all these totals makes me feel better. maybe my boss would stop heckling me if he knew how many other people blow thier cash on the worlds worst investment. oh well its all fun and games until someone loses a piston. haha

-vtec oil pressure switch ($80 and i didnt even need it!!!)
Man if I could get every dollar back from buying shit I didnt need, Id be doin alright right now. My first build and I was learning as I went...Instead of doing hardcore testing and research on the problem...I did the noob thing to do! Throw money at it! Hahaha.

There won't be a yet. I'm pretty much done caring.

Hahaha! You caught that did ya? Yet....Funny shit.

I've put $15,000 into my car counting the cost of the thing. I could have a decent down payment on a house with that money. Eh, fuck it.
You know, Looking at the grand total is very deceiving...I didnt have all my 15k at one time and you probly didnt either. Its easy to say what you could have done with a lump sum...But when you think about it (atleast in my case) I never had that lump sum at one time to blow on anything. This was money spent over the course of 1 year.

So looking at it like that makes me feel a bit more better...1k here 1k there isnt so bad...But when you see the grand total, Your like WTF!!

Last edited:
Into my car for about 10k with the cost of the car. And it will be driven. I didnt build it to look at it, I built it to perform.

been to about 5g for a 1750 240sx. for the current ride-crx maybe 2500 just maintenance and repairs.
edit: bought crx for 900.

Into my car for about 10k with the cost of the car. And it will be driven. I didnt build it to look at it, I built it to perform.

Thats what I like to hear, I had people that spend 347632 hours and $46354 building a car then never drive it, or worse sell it when they're done with it, I never did understand that.

I had $20,000 in cash in my car once, drove all the way across texas with it. All in $20s. Rolled up in a wal-mart sack. I kept thinking "If I get pulled over, I will automatically be labled a drug dealer for this"..

Back