How much money have you put into your car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX shell-$535
seats-$120
motor-$200
tranny-$125
mounts-$120
ecu/axles/intermediate shaft-$100
clutch-$75
shift linkage-$100
exhaust-$200
headgasket/fluids/repairs-$300(est.)
paint-$100
purple hid's-$90
yellow highbeams-$10
intake-$30
short shifter-$15
skunk2 cam seal-$30
no climate control/no heat-priceless
and im not done

I dont have much into my car. And when GM tanks before they can release the new Z28, its gettin parked and covered until Im 50. Then Im gunna flip that bitch for enough cash to make a person sick.

Thats what I like to hear, I had people that spend 347632 hours and $46354 building a car then never drive it, or worse sell it when they're done with it, I never did understand that.

No joke, I never understood that either. You put all these nice parts on a car, and then don't push them? Stupid. I will push my car happily :D

hard telling how much i have invested in my crx and its still not even close to done

complete moroso dry sump system $2500
custom geared cable trans that is a face plated 4spd with liberty hand cuff $7000
cage instalation $1000
tilton twin disk clutch $1400
67mm turbo $1800
BG king sumo fuel pump $550
1000cc injectors x8 $600
AEM EMS $1000

I have over 20k invested and it hasent moved in 2 years yet as i still havent had the block built yet. To make this investment even worse im thinking of going to a N/A road race car and say screw the drag racing i enjoy road racing much better. The only thing is i cant drive 30min and go 5 times a week if i want im luck to get in 6-8 events at the local road course

Last edited:
the most money i have ever put in my car was about $213,000.00... it wasnt cash though... the most cash ive put in my car was probly around $15,000.00

never really tried to figure the value of other items ive put in my car... one night i had 2 hearts and a kidney in my car... yes they were human organs... but im not sure what they were worth... when i use to do medical deliveries i was also putting some pretty expensive ass prescription drugs in my car... some of them were worth $1000+ per dose, and it wasnt uncommon for me to have a bottle or bubble sheet of up to 100 of them... i had a shit ton of morpheine in the car a bunch of times... again not really sure waht the value was though

are you just trying to sound cool by taking what hes really asking out of context?

ive put about 900 into my car.. 300 for the transmission, 400 for some random small problems and about 200 for the system.
that numbers gonna go wayyy up soon.

yes thats exactly what im doing

because what i have done to my car mod wise and how much money ive spent doing it is none of any of your fucking business

have a nice day

The dollar amounts are interesting, but don't really tell us anything about it.

I've got - functionally - in my CRX about $4000 and that's including purchase price and paintjob. I have put double that in it - in experiments and "This aughta work" type of things, but found them to be for shit. I would more interested to see how much time everyone has put in their cars. I may kick ass there.

But I'm celebrating my 12th year of owning the CRX. It was up on a lift for one month while I did the exhaust, the head has spent about 40 hours under a machine of one sort or another, I would imagine I've sunk about $20,000 in gas into it over the years. :)

I'll go down a price sheet:
Head work: about $1000, including labor. new springs, crane cam and oversized valves. 3 angle grind. Focus cam gear.
Paint: $2000 in 1998.
Wheels were like $400 from Airjockey
suspension bushings and struts were $200.
Oh yeah and I put a $500 stereo in it from crutchfield. It's a tape deck. I'm not kidding.

That's really about it. pulley, time spent at the transmission (Like another month) and then vacuum re-route, and lots of seat time.

If I counted up all the money I've dumped into the cars...it could feed a small country for a month....

word,we should go for time spent now

I spent 80 hours building and welding a bending brake from scrap bedframes when I could have bought one of equal or greater ability for less than $100... :ph34r:

word,we should go for time spent now

Shiiiiit could you even estimate time spent, I dont think I can.

because what i have done to my car mod wise and how much money ive spent doing it is none of any of your fucking business

Oh Snap! Hahahaha.

yes thats exactly what im doing

have a nice day

but the fact that you carry, or used to carry, thousands of dollars in prescription drugs and human organs is?

sure... i dont do that any longer, so the information is of little use to anyone

it was fun work, payed quite well, and i got to make my own hours for the most part

sure... i dont do that any longer, so the information is of little use to anyone

it was fun work, payed quite well, and i got to make my own hours for the most part

If someone prowls the board searching for people that live near them and find out what you've got in your car and decide to try and steal your shit then it's your own fault for posting information of that type in a thread labeled "How much money have you put into your car?"

None of you that are posting your entire builds seems to realize you're just creating a nice database for someone.

i could care less.
my car would be more trouble to steal than its worth..youd have to move a big trailer and go into my back yard and drive it back and forth and back and forth and back and forth until you can get it out the driveway.
totally not worth it.

but the fact that you carry, or used to carry, thousands of dollars in prescription drugs and human organs is?

Some people dont like to go on the intardnet and brag about all the stuff done to their car, thats a good way to wake up to an empty driveway.

Some people dont like to go on the intardnet and brag about all the stuff done to their car, thats a good way to wake up to an empty driveway.

Yeah, but if everything you did to your car is legit, and you tell your insurance company about it, you'll be compensated. Sometimes that's all you can do.

And, people who brag about what they've done to their cars, then leave them unlocked in the driveway are kinda dumb. You might as well tell people to come and get it.

Back