I totalled my car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichick05

Well, last night i was on my way to the big town of Groveton, tx to visit a friend. It was raining pretty damn hard and i was drving through houston. I couldnt see the signs that said which road i was supposed to exit, so i kept goin straight. I got about 10 minutes down that highway and didnt think anything looked familiar and then i saw a sign that said i was on 45 SOUTH, i was trying to go 59 NORTH. SO i panicked, because i have driven this drive at least a hundred times and NEVER got lost. I took the next exit to go back north and find my way back to 59. When i got on the exit ramp, there was a truck in front of me. we got to the GREEN light and the fucking truck stops. SO then I press on my brakes. My car slid and just kept on sliding. And when i tried to swirve into the other lane it wouldnt move. So i ended up hitting the guy and he fuckin drove off. So my car is ALL SMASHED up and the cop said they would probley consider it totalled. Not only did my car get fucked up last night....my back is all screwed up! Then comes the worst part, my parents had to drive all the way from Wharton, Tx to come get me...they werent as mad as i thought they would be. The only good news is I didnt die..which SOME ppl would of probley liked to happen. And the other good thing is since the guy drove off, they couldnt write me a ticket and i wasnt at fault! I find out tomorrow if its totalled or what and when im gonna get a new car or get it back! I didnt end up getting home till 4 this morning.

Thats never any fun =(

now you have a reason to buy a better car =)

Yeah. Im glad Im still here...when it first happend a guy stopped to help me and i just started crying, i didnt know what to think. It was my first wreck..and i was in this GHETTO part of town where all these people were walking around and crap. Thank god the guy that stopped was ONE of the hardly any Nice looking people in that town!

yeah, although it's really sad that your car is more than likely totaled, it can be replaced in one way or another-be grateful that you're basically ok :)

No tickets or fault either, that's lucky. Glad to hear you're ok. Good luck on the car replacement. :)

Originally posted by turboB20hatch+May 1 2004, 03:11 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 1 2004, 03:06 PM
why women suck at driving: they panic.

ive seen plenty of guys panic too

even tho people say Im gay I still think if any guy panics they are a total pussy
you have no idea how many times I've had to keep a clean mind and not panic when on my bike Geez just today I could have went off the road at 60mph over the speedlimit due to a weird turn/something in the road but I kept my cool and layed down even harder in the turn =)

people who freak out suck

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 1 2004, 04:54 PM

even tho people say Im gay I still think if any guy panics they are a total pussy

exactly my point

-B at claytons'

when i hit my last deer i kept driving i didnt freak out.... i was talking on my headset to my kinda girlfriend and bang i hit a deer i told her i hit a deer and she said dont lie.... lol oh well

1. Car = Replaceable
2. You = Irreplaceable

There is only reason to panic when you KNOW #2 is going to be totaled.

Even then, your dead and you can't panic. :hmm:

Glad to hear your Ok. Sorry about your car, umm, my Dad owns a body shop....but its in Colorado.

Threadjack: Panicking

In the near accidents and whatnot that I have been in, I have actually felt like they were in slow motion and that my reactions were very calm, coordinated and there was no panicking. I don't know if thats happened to anyone else or not, but it does to me.

Originally posted by jeffie7+May 1 2004, 04:54 PM-->
Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 1 2004, 03:11 PM
pissedoffsol
@May 1 2004, 03:06 PM
why women suck at driving:  they panic.

ive seen plenty of guys panic too

LMAO that's a wonderful understatement.

Sorry about your car (second time I read it)

Now it's time for you to buy something with AWD and ABS...

A WRX comes to mind...

:ph34r:

nawww, i wasnt on tha phone! I was when i was on 59 and then when i hit 45 i freaked out and told him i had to go, cuz i had no damn clue where i was at! Oh and one more thing to add...my head hit the steering wheel, and it hurt like hell, left a knot. But shouldnt my air bags have deployed? Cuz they didnt.
I talked to my dad today and the FIRST thing he told me wasn't, "HEY, ARE YOU OK?" It was "IS THE CAR IN BAD CONDITION?" I was like what tha fuck?? My own damn dad....

Most people who aren't OK don't call their dads.........In his defense, but yeah, if I were your dad, I would have asked you first if you were OK.

Back