ideas to wake my ass up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i only go to the office on tuesday;s now, or for special events.... like tomorrow i'm going to a client, so we're meeting at the office in the morning.

do you have outlookexpress? after eurotrip came out we got a wav of "mail muthafucka" and put it on my express, it was funny.

The same could be done with your banshee scream, just turn the speakers all the way up before you go to bed. But be forwarned, I would only do this on a dedicated work acount, and junk email could result in the violent loss of a computer if it were me... but it's an idea

I got it.

Set up a one of those clicky long-nozzled barbeque lighters to a servo and a timer. Set the timer for when you want to wake up. Attach a 2 minute length of fuse to the lighter, and the other end to some dry newspapers. You've got 2 minutes to wake up or your house burns down. No more sleeping through loud noises, even a slight clicking will wake you up from now on!

:huh:

do you have outlookexpress? after eurotrip came out we got a wav of "mail muthafucka" and put it on my express, it was funny.

The same could be done with your banshee scream, just turn the speakers all the way up before you go to bed. But be forwarned, I would only do this on a dedicated work acount, and junk email could result in the violent loss of a computer if it were me... but it's an idea

i need to use outlook, as express won't connect to an exchange server. only regular outlook.

I got it.

Set up a one of those clicky long-nozzled barbeque lighters to a servo and a timer. Set the timer for when you want to wake up. Attach a 2 minute length of fuse to the lighter, and the other end to some dry newspapers. You've got 2 minutes to wake up or your house burns down. No more sleeping through loud noises, even a slight clicking will wake you up from now on!

:huh:
i don't KNOW when i need to get up. thats part of being on call-- you get paged in the middle of the night randomly.

lol

well, the outlook thing wored with one exception.....

it only plays wav files, so i had to find something else...

but the kicker is, there's no way to turn it off.

i got about a minuet long wav of some drum cadence from a marching band. lol and there's no way to shut it off until its all done. lol

convert that MP3 to a wav then.

there's still no way to turn it off.

outlook plays it through its own system... its not like it pops open winamp or medai player...

i don't KNOW when i need to get up. thats part of being on call-- you get paged in the middle of the night randomly.
Some people just don't know to read.

Anyway, when you are on call, who sends the e-mail? If it's a person, just have them call your cell a million times till you pick it up lol

Some people just don't know to read.

Ok fine I admit it, reading comprehension ftw on my part. :rolleyes:

But it could still be done, and not just the joking fire thing... Something 'real' always seems to wake me up better than an electronic alarm, or a cell phone, etc. Software that looked for the new email event and triggered a circuit through the parallel port to ring an old style a bell ringer, or a loud buzzer, something physical. Yes it would become a pretty sizable project pretty quickly, but I betcha it would work.

Find a big black dude and pay him 3 cheese burgers to tea bag your ass when the e-mail comes in.

If that doesnt wake you up then you might as well give up on the idea.

"edit" it would be funny if you could get that wayan brother to walk in the room after the fact and let you know

"MESSAGE!"

Last edited:
Back