Import Builders a ripoff?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
About 3 weeks ago, I ordered a set of piston rings & wristpin clips from Import Builders. I emailed Jeff, and he said to send him a money order for $80. I sent the money order that same day. Now, three weeks later, I have emailed him at LEAST five times, and got no response. I have also called and left several voice messages, also with no response. I know IB sponsors this site somewhat, but has anyone actually ordered anything from them?? It's kind of unnerving in the first place, that Jeff wouldn't take paypal and that he insisted on a money order...

Am I the only one that thinks that I got screwed?

import builders is a large enough company where i would take them to be trust worthy , but who knows , people can have a bad experience even with the best of companies , id say keep trying his email and what not or find some one elses email or phone from the company and give them a ring. but as for me i will never use money order.. paypal certified check some thing showing i payed for this product.. some times i use cods when available

Oh god, just wait till Calesta sees this thread. :blink: :eek:

Import Builders has built his engines for years, I'm pretty darn sure they're reputable.

my engine was also built at IB.

he doesn't take paypal anymore cuz paypal fucked him for like 10 grand or something like that. I'm sure you wounldn't take it anymore either.

As far as i know, hes a 1-man shop now, has a baby, and a wife. i'd say just be patient for a little while longer.

Regardless, if what he says is true (three weeks, multiple emails, multiple voice messages), then it's just plain shitty customer service. I doubt he's being ripped off, but he's not being treated the way a customer should. 48-72 hours during a business week is PLENTY of time to get back to someone who's a paying customer.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 28 2004, 02:24 PM
Regardless, if what he says is true (three weeks, multiple emails, multiple voice messages), then it's just plain shitty customer service. I doubt he's being ripped off, but he's not being treated the way a customer should. 48-72 hours during a business week is PLENTY of time to get back to someone who's a paying customer.
[post=408695]Quoted post[/post]​

my thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 28 2004, 02:18 PM
Oh god, just wait till Calesta sees this thread. :blink: :eek:

Import Builders has built his engines for years, I'm pretty darn sure they're reputable.
[post=408689]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, I had no idea that ImportBuilders had built my engines for years. Jeff has never touched my stuff except to sell me my latest set of pistons/rods (just one set ever), tune once and test out his "secret" intake. I still stand behind him though- just don't think that he's built my engines.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 28 2004, 03:29 PM
what if he's been in the hospital for the last three weeks?
[post=408723]Quoted post[/post]​

remonds me of del camino :)

all you old fuckers loved him till he ripped you off >_>

whatever happened to him anyway?

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 29 2004, 02:02 AM-->
@Oct 28 2004, 02:18 PM
Oh god, just wait till Calesta sees this thread.  :blink:  :eek:

[post=408689]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, I had no idea that ImportBuilders had built my engines for years.
[post=408840]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha when I read that I was like huh? He has? like whoa.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2004, 06:29 PM
lets not even go there ji.
[post=408812]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? I don't have a problem with IB, nor could I care less, but DS is on my shitlist, and as the owner of the intellectual property in this post I'm making right now, I'll feel free to call DS a dirty filthy cocksucking fucker of mothers and eater of shits, thankyouverymuch.

I'm Loco Honkey, muthafucka, and I endorse these plates I'm dropping up in this bitch, y0.

Jeff has been out of town for 10 days for a show, i know this because we have been in constant contact for the past two weeks for a project that I have been working on (will reveal in a few days here on HS)

Dont get your panties in a bunch, jeff is a great guy he wont screw you, he hasn't been near his computer for over a week

^^^^ See, this still strikes me as shitty customer service. If he knew he was going to be away, he could set up an automatic remailer on his email to tell people he wouldn't be answering emails for x number of days. He could be checking his phone messages and getting back to people as they call....especially paying customers.

If I knew I was going away on business/vacation, and gave my clients and consultants no notice that I was away, and I just ignored all of their phone calls and emails while I was away, I wouldn't have a job when I returned.

I'm not saying that he's supposed to be perfect, and be sitting next to the phone waiting for people to call, but he could at LEAST put a note on his website saying that he's going to be out for a few days. I have never done business with him before, have never spoken with anyone (other than Mike) who's done business with him before, and from my point of view, I ordered something, heard nothing from him, couldn't get in touch with him, and saw nothing of what I ordered. This is no different from the Drop Shop. Sure, it was only rings and retaining clips, but if his shop can't be responsible for an $80 order, then what would have happened if I had spent a whole lot of cash? I've been assrheamed by a shop before, for over a grand, and I am NOT out looking for it to happen again.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 28 2004, 08:33 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 29 2004, 02:02 AM

Wow, I had no idea that ImportBuilders had built my engines for years.
[post=408840]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha when I read that I was like huh? He has? like whoa.
[post=408853]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

civicious
@Oct 29 2004, 09:45 AM
I'm not saying that he's supposed to be perfect, and be sitting next to the phone waiting for people to call, but he could at LEAST put a note on his website saying that he's going to be out for a few days.
[post=409044]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, call Intercrew and ask nicely for Phillip to call Jeff's cell phone to see what's going on, and to let him know that you're worried.

:)

Back