Info on a JDM B16A SiR2 swap into a 96 Civic DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spektrum

I am about to purchase a JDM B16A SiR2 and I want to have everything ready when I send it to the shop to perform the swap.

Can someone give me a list of EVERYTHING I am going to need for the swap.

I have already talked to a few people about the swap and I have gotten about 3 diffrent things to do.

Some people state to purchase a Jumper for the wire harness, but I am going to rule out that option.

So anyone that can provied a complete list of what I will need to make this a working and complete swap, I will have some great respect for.

car: obd 2
motor obd 1

you are going to have to convert.
run the p30 ecu, and buy a conversion harness. they are like $200 from hasport

you will also need some mounts. read our swap setcion on 6th gen's

im doing the same swap into a 99 dx right now and let me tell you it is not fun. If you want to make it street legal, it is way harder then anyone thinks nobody can say anything about how hard it is till they do an obd1 to obd2 swap..first off you need the rear motor mount commonly called t bracket. also the jumper harness to switch it from obd1 to obd2, you need a new cat since the ones on the dx's are actually on the exhaust manifold. dont know if the swap you were looking at comes with it or not but you need shift linkage from a 99 civic si or integra gsr, b series shifter, radiato from the si both upper and lower radiator hoses, if you want to keep yourpower steering and air conditioning you need to replace your old heads with the heads on the hoses that came with the swap. then you need to convet your entire engine to obd2, new cat back exhaust for 99 si and thas were i stand right now the only think left is i have to find a place for the crank censor,and the idle contol censor.....basically if i can go back in time i definitly would have gotten the b16b much much much better choice, but if you like working on wires and cenors then get it you'll be haing a lot of fun im sure of it.. hope this helps:)

im doing the same swap into a 99 dx right now and let me tell you it is not fun. If you want to make it street legal, it is way harder then anyone thinks nobody can say anything about how hard it is till they do an obd1 to obd2 swap..first off you need the rear motor mount commonly called t bracket. also the jumper harness to switch it from obd1 to obd2, you need a new cat since the ones on the dx's are actually on the exhaust manifold. dont know if the swap you were looking at comes with it or not but you need shift linkage from a 99 civic si or integra gsr, b series shifter, radiato from the si both upper and lower radiator hoses, if you want to keep yourpower steering and air conditioning you need to replace your old heads with the heads on the hoses that came with the swap. then you need to convet your entire engine to obd2, new cat back exhaust for 99 si and thas were i stand right now the only think left is i have to find a place for the crank censor,and the idle contol censor.....basically if i can go back in time i definitly would have gotten the b16b much much much better choice, but if you like working on wires and cenors then get it you'll be haing a lot of fun im sure of it.. hope this helps:)

:huh: noobie. look at the date. :rolleyes:

ya it's highly unlikely that this fellow is around. look at the original post's date. it was in 2002. he has 1 post. you've wasted your time explaining to someone who is never gonna see it. if you wanted to make a statement, it would be better to start your own thread that's current

;)

I am doing the exact same swap, and I know nothing about this, and now I do, see nothing is ever wasted, the explanation is a huge help.

Back