Injector Size on the D16Z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93 Del Sol

I have recently discovered that my injectors were leaking gasoline onto the intake of my engine. I have been browsing for some new ones, but all I am seeming to find are around 390cc and larger. I read that the stock size is 240cc. I have been told that I can use a bigger injector at the price of fuel efficiency, but I will notice a gain in HP. Is the gain substantial enough to sacrifice that in my daily driver? Or will I simply be flooding out the engine because I will have too much gas and not enough air to burn it? I'm guessing that I would generally only need larger injectors if I was building up the engine and planning to turbo-charge it and all that, but pretty much a stock rebuild is all that I have planned since I got another car for that kind of stuff. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

I have recently discovered that my injectors were leaking gasoline onto the intake of my engine. I have been browsing for some new ones, but all I am seeming to find are around 390cc and larger. I read that the stock size is 240cc. I have been told that I can use a bigger injector at the price of fuel efficiency, but I will notice a gain in HP. Is the gain substantial enough to sacrifice that in my daily driver? Or will I simply be flooding out the engine because I will have too much gas and not enough air to burn it? I'm guessing that I would generally only need larger injectors if I was building up the engine and planning to turbo-charge it and all that, but pretty much a stock rebuild is all that I have planned since I got another car for that kind of stuff. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

You said it!
You'll be flooding it. Just replace the o-ring on the injector that is in your car and you'll be good to go.

Alright, I seen some used ones on Ebay. So I might get them and a new set of O-rings just to be safe. I'll make sure to relay that info on to my friend who was telling me to go with bigger injectors. Thanks guys

Why get used ones when one can just go as bad as yours? just send it in to get a rebuilt...you'll probably save more money and time.

Back